Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Quarter Window Delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
'

I back in to most places so I don't have any problems pulling out.
Well, not all of us drive large trucks or have problems with people avoiding us. I always back in so I can always see but if if pulled in them backed out, I can seriously see how I would have a vision problem.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I disagree, those side louvers make it a little harder, but with good vision and paying attention to movement between louver blades, I can spot a motorcycle no problem. However, with window deletes, you're taking the entire quarter window out of play, not just 3/4 of it. If you're in heavy traffic, have fun straining your neck when you get in that angle that hides traffic perfectly where the quarter window once lay.

If I really wanted to get window deletes, I'd just be extra careful. I'm not a big fan of stick-on mirrors.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

You have three 1/4 slits to see out of one both sides that only allow you to see only directly behind you. Also, whatever glass (for me) is left is murked up by hard water spots. I miss Jersey water.

Either way, I see no difference between that and nothing.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

I have the cervini c series window scoops and ZERO visibilty out them, glimpses or any movement. Just gotta be careful.

If you like CF, you could get these as well http://www.trucarbon.net/Trucarbon_M...10024-lg43.htm
Old 11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I disagree, those side louvers make it a little harder, but with good vision and paying If I really wanted to get window deletes, I'd just be extra careful. I'm not a big fan of stick-on mirrors.
Stick on mirrors are just one solution. You can buy the blind spot integrated side mirrors like the option for the newer Mustangs. I'd rather have a stick on mirror and avoid a collision as well as a sore neck. I hurt my neck years ago in an accident so it does cause me a great deal of pain if I have to look back.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Stick on mirrors are just one solution. You can buy the blind spot integrated side mirrors like the option for the newer Mustangs. I'd rather have a stick on mirror and avoid a collision as well as a sore neck. I hurt my neck years ago in an accident so it does cause me a great deal of pain if I have to look back.
I have shoulder problems from working with my horses and that affects my neck - I still think scoops are 100% worth it.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I actually want to cover the windows on the inside to cover up the inside of the louvers and the hard water spots that I cannot get to. I have seen some interior covers but I want to make something by hand that resembles the metal pieces in the '67s. Not quite sue what to call them, but this:

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/90...E+Interior.jpg

I think it would look sweet if done correctly and be very different.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverStallion05
I actually want to cover the windows on the inside to cover up the inside of the louvers and the hard water spots that I cannot get to. I have seen some interior covers but I want to make something by hand that resembles the metal pieces in the '67s. Not quite sue what to call them, but this:

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/90...E+Interior.jpg

I think it would look sweet if done correctly and be very different.
The 1st generation fastbacks didn't have quarter windows - they had functional smoke vents so you could smoke and it would just go out the vents instead of clouding in the car.

To be honest I don't think it would be hard AT ALL. I've been considering it myself - in fact I'm going to start drawing up plans.

And I'm going to file for a patent.

Last edited by Young_Gun; 11-03-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:13 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Nothing can sneak up into 'your blind spot because of 1/4 window louvers'
if you pay attention to the drivers around you. I know if its safe to change lanes on a quick notice WITHOUT LOOKING because I have made a mental note of whats there
BEFORE I needed to change lanes. Just be aware of your surroundings and that
mini-cooper can never sneak into your blind spot. Or if he IS there, you already
know without looking...
Seems pretty simple to me.

ps i have Roush 1/4 window louvers and have no problems with the 'blind spots'
because they are just not mentally there

pss blind spot mirrors are for the mentally lazy people plus they look bad

A patent for a 1/4 window hole filler?
PASCAL!!!!! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
A patent for a 1/4 window hole filler?
PASCAL!!!!! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!!
A patent for a functional fresh air vent in case its too cold to crack the windows but its just getting stuffy in there.

The original Mustangs had them stock

Quick Reply: Quarter Window Delete