Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Watch me Repair my Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Good to hear the repairs are coming along. Its also nice to see another girl on the boards.

Yeah lets not take this thread in the wrong direction. Its a repair thread, not for random bashing.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

That's a lot of damage to be covering without insurance. Though you mentioned your family might help you buy a GT500 if you win this pageant? If you can't afford insurance for a V6... not sure how you're going to afford it with a GT500.. Just doesn't seem very logical. Not bashing just trying to add some common sense. Might want to have them help you with finding another car (cheap?) that you can get a better insurance rate from and part what you can from this instead.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:19 PM
stormshadowlover

I was more concentrated on the snow and the passing RV's. I didn't see the chunk under the thin layer of snow. The rock was actually half lodged in the tire when I landed. Police marked that as the reason for the blow out, NOT bad tires or improperly inflated ones. Basically they would pay for half my insurance. my parents and me had a falling out when I was bout 17, and this is they're attempt that if I do what my mom wants, she'll try and understand what I love and what makes me happy, which is my cars. My new insurance company also gave me a huge break on the gt500, as I have a pristine driving record, and my parents are also with them, pristine as well.

I don't appreciate your attitude 157dB. I did NOT receive a speeding ticket, and if you have never hit something and had a blow out, Im hapy for you, but don't start bashing people. Come up to Wyoming and back roads of Colorado and drive them. High winds, open ranges, deer, antelope, random weather, and dirt and loose roads. If you don't think Im a good driver, your opinion. Here's an idea, you got nothing nice to say, YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE POST. Not only did the HW patrol confirm blowout, but so did 3 tire companies, and the tow truck driver. the person behind me even witnessed me traveling UNDER the posted limit. I don't need your attitude towards me.

Last edited by stormshadowlover; 07-24-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by stormshadowlover

I don't appreciate your attitude 157dB. I did NOT receive a speeding ticket, and if you have never hit something and had a blow out, Im hapy for you, but don't start bashing people. Come up to Wyoming and back roads of Colorado and drive them. High winds, open ranges, deer, antelope, random weather, and dirt and loose roads. If you don't think Im a good driver, your opinion. Here's an idea, you got nothing nice to say, YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE POST. Not only did the HW patrol confirm blowout, but so did 3 tire companies, and the tow truck driver. the person behind me even witnessed me traveling UNDER the posted limit. I don't need your attitude towards me.
You tell him girl!!
Don't you worry about him though... He's actually mild nowadays. LOL.
So you missed all the fun.
Put him on ignore.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:45 PM
stormshadowlover

So project has to be backburnered for a while. My long term boyfriend was driving his motorcycle and a truck blasted through a stop sign and hit him. He's in ICU with brain trauma and damage. so, Rebel has been placed on the back burner till I can make sure my guy walks away at least somewhat okay.

Project set to resume sometime in Sept
Old 08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Hope your B-friend is OK.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:53 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Damn that sucks. sorry. Hope he comes out ok
Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Tantum adoptavit tenebris. Sum natus in eam. Ex quo vidit me perdunt.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM
r0dr0c

Awesome that you and the dog walked away. If you get the mustang all together good & win the pagent...get the parents to spring for a nice 4x4 for your winter driving and keep the mustang you got.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:08 PM
stormshadowlover

Well didn't win, but got an award. BF is doing better. I DID get the F350 diesel out of it and I have ownership of the 1968 International truck.

The car was towed back into town, and off loaded into a garage. Pulled the fender, apron needs to be completely pulled. The estimates I got were RIDICULOUS! $6000 at one, and $10,000 at GM COLLISION! (who were more then happy to trade wreck for money off a new GM....) They even told me I was a stupid girl. Frame rails are straight, so is actual frame. the apron needs replacement. I am now motivated by the fact they called me stupid. I can't WAIT to drive it on they're lot and show them up.
All parts have cost $2200. estimated 56 hours of labor. I even have enough left over to dual pipe it. It will also be getting the LED lights in the foot wells and the new speakers I bought hooked up.

Here's some pictures! -

pulling the fender back out

The door fixed! the glass shifted, and the shell was aligned. Also still pulling fender with a drilled in pull and a paint-less dent repair puller

Apron all bent in, the bumper cover, fender and hood removed

Removed radiator, radiator fan, AC components, and cut out bent radiator support (BTW, only 70.00 for part before shipping!!! So happy)

Removed everything pretty much to the rails. Parts in this week!

So, all parts ordered, Even new paint. It will look amazing! there is some demo left, but mostly done. Only part I can't seem to find is the accumulator mounting bracket? Anyone have one or know where to get one Ill be thrilled!

Quick Reply: Watch me Repair my Mustang!