Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang GT No Bailout Premium Edition
Default will 235/50/18 make my wheels look bad?

I ordered the 235/50/18 for my machined AMR 18s because thats the only all season tire AM guys have, but i talked to a girl at AM and she said it will look bad and skinny....do u think it will be ok?

did i waste 500$ on ugly tires??

im keeping the car at stock height, so will 235/50/18 look okay? what size should I get? which tire size will make the wheel gap look the least bad?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Are you serious?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang GT No Bailout Premium Edition

I don't think it will look 'too' bad...this guy has a yellow with amr 18 with same tire size as me, except he is charcoal, and i think it looks cool, jsut psises me off cus everytime i spend money on a mod someone always has to say what i should have done different or what i should have done.... and with almost EVERY PICTURE, someone pops in "oh...It needs to be lowered."

Click the image to open in full size.

and when u think about it compared to most other cars on the road, 235 is a pretty wide tire. to me the 255 tires look like a monster truck.

Last edited by RazorGT; 03-18-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #4
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

...well on a lighter note those look good on that car.

Those should be a good size.

Someone can always say that you shoulda done this or that but sometimes just make your decision and roll with it. Tires arent a huge deal.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

255 minimum omho..
Old 03-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
harddock

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang

Mine 2012 came with 235/50/18 just like the yellow car pictured above. I am a big fan of wide tires and someday maybe mine will see wider but for now they ar ok.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorGT View Post
I ordered the 235/50/18 for my machined AMR 18s because thats the only all season tire AM guys have, but i talked to a girl at AM and she said it will look bad and skinny....do u think it will be ok?

did i waste 500$ on ugly tires??

im keeping the car at stock height, so will 235/50/18 look okay? what size should I get? which tire size will make the wheel gap look the least bad?
You'll be fine. It's the same size as stock (or very close to it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorGT View Post
I don't think it will look 'too' bad...this guy has a yellow with amr 18 with same tire size as me, except he is charcoal, and i think it looks cool, jsut psises me off cus everytime i spend money on a mod someone always has to say what i should have done different or what i should have done.... and with almost EVERY PICTURE, someone pops in "oh...It needs to be lowered."

Click the image to open in full size.

and when u think about it compared to most other cars on the road, 235 is a pretty wide tire. to me the 255 tires look like a monster truck.
Stop worrying about what others think. There are always people who will dislike your car for anything. People hate my car just because it's a Mustang and nothing I do or say will change that but I certainly don't lose any sleep over it.

P.S. This is the internet folks. You're going to get made fun of no matter what you do. On the same note, people need to stop antagonizing. I predict this thread will be locked and/or someone will be banned.

Last edited by CMcNam; 03-18-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Vehicle: 2012 Race Red Mustang GT

Enough with the bickering...Diva and Razor. This is your only warning!

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

RIP Alex Rinedoller AKA ARDoller/Alexr
Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Closed Thread