Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Trigga415

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Default Help with CS6/8 style hood purchase?

So I've decided on this hood as well and it's unfortunate how uncommon it is. Well after lots of searching, I have found a functional version from various sites. On every site it seems to be the same hood produced by AIT. My issues are that all of the following places have shady reviews (or none at all), extremely harsh restrictions on returns and I'm not even sure of AIT's quality itself. I've looked around at threads on these places but I'm curious about a "hood purchase" experience anyone has had from the following:
Cruizin Concepts Wholesale
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....2005-09MUSTANG
Mr. BodyKit
http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=2859
BMC Extreme Customs
http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20fomutysbyf.html
Car Body Kit Store
http://www.carbodykitstore.com/ford-...Fa5AMgodqSMAhg
AIT Racing
https://www.aitracing.com/Type-SBY-S...tang-2005-2009

Anyone have 2 cents on purchasing a hood from one of these guys or on AIT's quality itself?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Trigga415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

That's the hood I have on my car. had it for 2 years with no issues. here is a link to the e-bay site where I got it.

This is my car in some of the pictures. they used to run some actual auctions for them occasionally. my wife paid half of what they are asking now.

2009 V6 Premium
AM 8 inch Shorty Antenna - AM Sequential Tail Lights - AM GT Style Grille - AM CS Side Scoops - AM Third Brake Chrome Trim - CS6/Terlingua Style Hood - Hood Struts - Chin Spoiler - Parchment Leather Seats - 35% Window Tint - Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace - CS69 Wheels - SHR flush mount Quarter Window Louvers
teepee542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Trigga415

Vehicle: 2006 GT

Thanks so much for the info - and it's just in Chino! That's the typical price now, it seems. I actually found a real CS6 hood recently and it was about $200 more and not even functional! Glad to hear that it hasn't given you any trouble, it's such an awesome look that the aftermarket just won't get on
Trigga415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

glad to hear they are close. I'm in South Carolina and had to pay shipping when I got it so the cost is about the same. I had it shipped to a local shop. They said it was packaged better than anything they had seen. I did not put hood pins on and it does have a little shake over 75. All in all I am very satisfied. I get a lot of double takes and compliments.

2009 V6 Premium
AM 8 inch Shorty Antenna - AM Sequential Tail Lights - AM GT Style Grille - AM CS Side Scoops - AM Third Brake Chrome Trim - CS6/Terlingua Style Hood - Hood Struts - Chin Spoiler - Parchment Leather Seats - 35% Window Tint - Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace - CS69 Wheels - SHR flush mount Quarter Window Louvers
teepee542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:57 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement