Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results 06 Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Results 06 Kenne Bell

1, it's a Manual & of course I can break em loose by poping the clutch in first, just thought it should be able to do it on power alone & do more than chirp into second.

2, here's the A/F part of the chart (different scale on the right side, just pay attention to the black bar only) It was only running 13.05 at the very very beginning of the run. Let me know if this still looks wrong.

3, Exhaust sound is different & it just sounds forced. It's siginificantly louder when on boost. The note is the same, just louder.

4. BigDave, I'll be hititng you up on suspension mods when it cools back down out here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31159/B2A565E4BDCF41C5B78C3B4F9EC80ACF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2006, 08:05 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Actually, I've never popped the clutch in this car. I hear that the stock clutch goes to slipping after about 450HP anyhow. I could see it on my GTech, but until I get traction issues resolved who knows what would cause a RPM spike.

I called Summit today asking about the wide band Cobalt A/F meter. They are saying next week for an availability. Jegs says mid-July. I did order the Speed of Sound pods and a pyrometer (just to fill the other hole) today.

My car is a little sluggish with very light acceleration. I kinda would like to see my fuel curve...

I rarely hear the blower whine to any great amount. Certainly not to the same extent of that Shelby video...too bad.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I am certainly not knocking the technology in a Mustang dyno sheet. And I am not going to pretend to know if they all look like yours does. But look at the difference in how smooth my A/F line is compaired to yours.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/2A10CA4362F54DC09EC7FADAB6942956.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2006, 08:41 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Yea, a Mustang dyno is going to read around 16% less than a Dynojet. So your guess is pretty accurate. Your A/F should be somewhere around 11.5 and yours at one point was 13 ( too lean ). Now, to me reading a Mustang dyno chart is about like reading a seismograph readout. I can't tell crap from it. So I don't really know where the max A/F readout was at. Maybe someone a little more knowledgeable with Mustang dyno graphs can chime in on that.

As far as taking it to a shop with a Dynojet. I personally wouldn't bother unless they were also tuning it. Your power is way down. To give you an idea, you are making less with 10psi than I did with 4. Now granted the weather conditions probably had something to do with that, but still you are way down. Just for giggles one day I threw a 10lb pulley on mine and made 480. And will probably put one back on in the future. But for the present until I get the cash to make a couple of changes I am going to stick with the 8lb pulley setup.

If you do drive over to California, take it to ST Motorsports in San Bernardino. Let Adam tune the car. You should see quite an improvement.
I HATE mustang dyno's. Just to give you an idea of the 'potential' - silver poison on this site is OVER 500 rwhp with a 10 lb pulley on pump gas. Granted, this is a custom tune but his dyno was done in 100º temp. I'm not saying you should be that high, but as Hawg has pointed out, your numbers have an impressive factor of '0' with a 10 lb pulley. I can never make out a mustang dyno - looks like kindergarten art class.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Much easier to read, maybe next week I'll head out & fins a dynojet so I can get a better idea of what's up.
Thanks!