Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer giving me a garbage story

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer giving me a garbage story

ORIGINAL: stangmann

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Out of curiosity, what is the X-plan?
X plan is usually offered from your employer if offered, and you pay invoice price for the car minus 100 dollars or so
really? the company i work for lets me get 1000 off the car...oh, but i dont think its an X-plan....i think mine is Ford Partners....so i guess its different [&:] i dont know...maybe i read it wrong...
Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
dtown

Agree with everyone above to use the internet to find an X-plan dealer. I sent out 8 e-mails and found 2 dealers within 30 minutes that would take X-plan for a GT. Here's the catch, though. When I went to one, he wrote out - in hand - a buyer's order with "X-plan pricing" of something like $31500 (GT convertible). Something didn't quite add up, so I went to the other dealer and he computer printed out the real X-plan price of $30500. I called back the first one and said what's up with that - the manager harrumphed and guffawed and said the salesman meant X-plan TYPE pricing. Then I said that's not what the buyer's order says, and I've got a copy. Then he said the salesman was new (he wasn't). So I sent an e-mail to Ford customer service (haven't heard anything back) and stuck with the straight dealer. I doubt this'll happen to you, but just FYI - real X-plan gets a one-page computer printout (search the forums, it's got some sort of official name).
Old 06-30-2006, 12:05 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dtown

Agree with everyone above to use the internet to find an X-plan dealer. I sent out 8 e-mails and found 2 dealers within 30 minutes that would take X-plan for a GT. Here's the catch, though. When I went to one, he wrote out - in hand - a buyer's order with "X-plan pricing" of something like $31500 (GT convertible). Something didn't quite add up, so I went to the other dealer and he computer printed out the real X-plan price of $30500. I called back the first one and said what's up with that - the manager harrumphed and guffawed and said the salesman meant X-plan TYPE pricing. Then I said that's not what the buyer's order says, and I've got a copy. Then he said the salesman was new (he wasn't). So I sent an e-mail to Ford customer service (haven't heard anything back) and stuck with the straight dealer. I doubt this'll happen to you, but just FYI - real X-plan gets a one-page computer printout (search the forums, it's got some sort of official name).
Well the x plan is just below iinvoice or am I wrong? So long as you know the invoice, you really cannot get burned.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangmann
Well the x plan is just below iinvoice or am I wrong? So long as you know the invoice, you really cannot get burned.
Plus the dealer is required to show you the X-Plan price on the factory invoice:

The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition Program/ X Plan price in the box labeled "X Plan"(not displayed for Jaguar and Land Rover, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda).

The X Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice (not displayed for Jaguar and Land Rover, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda).

The dealership may also NOT charge separately for document preparation fees, vehicle preparation fees or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle on a Partner Recognition Program - X Plan sale.* These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

When I bought my GT the X-plan was higher than what I paid for the car. I negotiated 200 over invoice then told them my wife was a college student. So they had to knock 500 more off. So I got it 300 less than invoice. They offered me X plan but it was only 100 less than invoice.