Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 03:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

TECH: Dealing with Window Tint Scratching...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:27 AM
darkhorse_07

Default RE: TECH: Dealing with Window Tint Scratching...

All - The pics and info have been gerat. I purchased the moleskin today and should get it before tinting next week (friday). I havethree questions though.

1) How long did it take to install the moleskin
2) Were there any of those plastic tree looking things holding the door in (and if so did you use the tool to keep them from breaking)?
3) After you reinstalled the doors did you notice any difference in fit and finish (the door, not the moleskin).

Since I've only had the car about a week, I'm a little nervous about pulling her apart...she'll thank me later
Old 01-06-2007, 10:32 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Any tint shop that doesnt know about Ford rubber holding dirt and scratching the tint is a suck shop. My guy told me right off the bat he had to put moleskin molding on.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:03 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

I've been having this same problem. I just spoke to the ford dealership where i bought the car and they said $60 to have felt installed and $70 to retint the 2 windows. If i'd had the windows tinted there, they'd have put the felt on right away.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:53 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Nevermind...cant figure out how to delete this. Sorry.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 PM
bdmridgeback

I am selling high temperature Moleskin kits for the New Mustangs. I am the lead installer at Florida's oldest tint shop and this is tried and true. Holds up to the Florida heat with no problems at all. Very high end, and as good as any of the best Moleskin being sold out there. You will get (2) 40" x 1" pieces of Moleskin shipped Priority mail for only $25 and I accept Paypal or Money Order. I have a very high Ebay positive feedback score and will offer you very good service with a high end product. Contact me at jaketuckey@yahoo.com for more info.
Thanks,
Jake
Old 04-01-2007, 06:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks Jake! I will be emailing soon and placing an order! What is your ebay ID so I can check that....just a precaution as I am from MI and you are from FLA. I use ebay all the time and was burned only once as a newbie to ebay...(that was 4 yrs ago). Later J
Old 04-01-2007, 06:33 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Thanks Jake! I will be emailing soon and placing an order! What is your ebay ID so I can check that....just a precaution as I am from MI and you are from FLA. I use ebay all the time and was burned only once as a newbie to ebay...(that was 4 yrs ago). Later J
Pssh, don't worry about it. Just send him your bank account information, major credit card info, and social security number (tax purposes, of course) and he'll complete the transaction for you. He'll only take out exactly the cost of the moleskin he ships you (which seems to get lost in the mail every single time, for some silly reason) and that will be all.

Trust him, he's a good guy. My cousin's friend's brother knows him.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM
bdmridgeback

Yea raubt that will work too!! Anyway, mygt500, I was born and raised in Coldwater, MI. and just moved to Florida a year ago. I owned Tuckey Motorsports in Coldwater for almost 10 years. I sold out to my brother to move south. My Ebay ID is bdmridgeback also. So check me out, I am golden. I have them listed and have sold a few sets on Ebay anyway. You can buy it through Ebay or me directly to save the time. If you buy through Ebay just pay through Paypal and I'll ship out the next morning. I would never screw a person, but raubt is watching out for everyone!! Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Up...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigNasty06

Also... FWIW, the owner told me he had a couple other Mustang owners come in and they received letters from Ford apologizing for the problem. Not sure what FOMOCO did for them, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Supposedly these customers went through Phil Long Ford in Denver/Lakewood, CO.

Courtesy Ford in Littleton, CO acted like I was goofy when I called them about it. FOMOCO should AT LEAST have to reimburse us all for these felt/moleskin kits we're having installed! Not to mention the poor folks that have to pay for the re-tint as well!

Did I just read that FOMOCO was ranked LAST in customer sat?
I HATE COURTESY FORD in Denver. Shameless hate plug AGAINST them.

BTW - I just ordered the moleskin and am going to go back to my tint installer praying they will replace under tint warranty.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

So im not the only one? I need mine replaced too

Quick Reply: TECH: Dealing with Window Tint Scratching...