Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clock changed to Daylight Savings by itself

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 AM
GTTED
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Clock changed to Daylight Savings by itself

Nope, had to change it manually.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tritonpwrd

Mine changes automatically...but then again its aftermarket and uses the GPS sats to update the clock.

I dont think the stock radio changes by itself
Funny you should mention that...I had to reset not only the clock on my radio, but I also had to set the clock on my Garmin GPS unit...It didn't pick up the time change difference, even though it was set for "Auto" and was supposed to...
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Same here...

My Stang didn't change the time... but it ran just FINE driving to work today, so there is no concern on my part.

My Garmin Nuvi 660 which I got for XMas didn't change the time... I had to go into the settings and click the "Daylight Savings Time" radio button. It was set to auto.. but didn't change by itself.

However - I went to the Garmin website and under support you will find they have a fix for that and several other things.

Now my Garmin is working perfectly!

Such is life.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

guys, guys, guys...it's this simple. by default, RDS comes switched off on our cars. you can switch it on by turning on the radio, holding menu for 5 seconds, then hitting seek > or <. once (if) you have RDS on, it will download song titles, radio station types, etc., as well as the time from neighboring radio stations.

so if you have it switched on, your clock will update. if you have it off, your clock will not auto-update. i bet 99% of stang owners never even heard of this feature!!! i just found out about it a few days ago, myself. really cool...you can search normal FM stations for those that play top-40, classical, country, etc. just like XM. it's a REALLY sweet feature. pretty sure you need your original antenna though...

also, not sure if it's shaker 1000 only, or shaker 500 too. but i suggest you try it...one benefit, is no changing your clock (provided your local radio stations are RDS enabled!)
Old 03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

guys, guys, guys...it's this simple. by default, RDS comes switched off on our cars. you can switch it on by turning on the radio, holding menu for 5 seconds, then hitting seek > or <. once (if) you have RDS on, it will download song titles, radio station types, etc., as well as the time from neighboring radio stations.

so if you have it switched on, your clock will update. if you have it off, your clock will not auto-update. i bet 99% of stang owners never even heard of this feature!!! i just found out about it a few days ago, myself. really cool...you can search normal FM stations for those that play top-40, classical, country, etc. just like XM. it's a REALLY sweet feature. pretty sure you need your original antenna though...

also, not sure if it's shaker 1000 only, or shaker 500 too. but i suggest you try it...one benefit, is no changing your clock (provided your local radio stations are RDS enabled!)
I'm pretty sure the RDS option is only available on the Shaker radios, because I've been looking for it in the manual and on my radio (I bought the cheap radio, with the possible intention of replacing it with a better head unit) and it doesn't seem to be available. I'm going to try the "hold the menu button for 5 seconds" option tonight when I get home and see if I'm able to turn on the RDS option...

And Prof. Wizard, thanks for the tip about the Garmin update...I'll have to upload that into my unit tonight.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

I'm pretty sure the RDS option is only available on the Shaker radios, because I've been looking for it in the manual and on my radio (I bought the cheap radio, with the possible intention of replacing it with a better head unit) and it doesn't seem to be available. I'm going to try the "hold the menu button for 5 seconds" option tonight when I get home and see if I'm able to turn on the RDS option...

And Prof. Wizard, thanks for the tip about the Garmin update...I'll have to upload that into my unit tonight.
im guessing it's a shaker only option...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Mine didn't change. Damn, I had to press the menu, go to the clock and press the hour arrow 1 time, Voila, set. Life is difficult but I struggle on.