Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ehxaust Swap: High-Res Pic of the Mustang's Belly

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 03:41 AM
NinoAvila

Default Ehxaust Swap: High-Res Pic of the Mustang's Belly

I finally took my ride down to my local muffler shop and got some Magnaflow mufflers put in. I don't know the model number. The guy was cool enough to let me get under the car and snap away.

About the mufflers:
The tone is almost the same as OEM (in my opinion). There is a very noticeable difference in the low-frequency range and but not so much in volume not obvious to me anyway. Very quiet in the cab. If you're looking for a sound that will intimidate and scare, this isn't the muffler for you. I wanted to keep my ride as "stock" looking/sounding as possible. I don't want folks knowing that I have anything under the hood (which is nothing for now). I'll post an audio recording sometime.

Anyway, if any of you have seen good pictures of the underside of the '05 Mustang, you now have no excuse.
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

Note:
I changed the Magnaflows out for Flowmasters (Series 40). They sound much better (for my taste). The tone is very mellow and toned. Now, when my wife starts the car, I can hear it from the living room. When she pulls up, I know it's her right away. This is the effect I was trying to achieve. Just enough noise to keep folks wondering "Damn...is that stock?!" It gets really "rumbly/bassy" around 1700 RPM but quickly dissapates around 2000. Its out of my normal cruising range so that suits me well. I'm much happier with these.

If anyone is looking for some MagnaFlow mufflers and would like a hell of a deal on them, I've got 2 up for grabs. 15 a piece and they're yours

-Nino
Old 02-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ehxaust Swap: High-Res Pic of the Mustang's Belly

I put a full Magnaflow catback system on my car today (Black '05 GT) - part number 15881. The exhaust note was/is dramatically different. Much more bark and growwwwl to it. I love it. Alot more throat at highway and acceleration speeds. Dramatic difference in my case over the stock system. Earl
Old 02-07-2005, 01:06 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry but the muffler in the back right before the tail pipes does not do it for me. Otherwise congrats.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Maybe the reason for the lack of sound difference over stock you wanted was those aren't the same mufflers I have on my catback system...don't know what they sold you there, but they aren't the same ones that come with their catback ssytem #15881 with the 4" rolled tips. I can hear my car coming down the street, and when the wife pulls in or starts it up (no sneaking it out)!.

Earl