Just swapped motor exhaust want fit - MustangForums.com

Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Old 08-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
daytooday

Default Just swapped motor exhaust want fit

Mustang 2002, Son just swapped motors and now the passenger side exhaust will not go back up to the manifold. Has anyone had this problem and or can anyone tell us what to try or how to get it to fit back up in place
daytooday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Sorry I can't help as I'm not familiar with the mod motors stuff. But just to clarify for those that will read this, is the motor in the car already and your trying to bolt up the manifold now, or the motor is still on the stand and the exhaust manifold still won't fit. If the motor is in the car already, you may have to jack up that side of the motor to get the room you need to wiggle the manifold up. It can be a big pain in the a$$.

If you don't get many responses here, try starting a thread in the Tech section for your year Mustang. There's not many visitors in here. Good luck
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
daytooday

Thanks for the reply, It was more of being tired and brain dead but I did figure it out. It was simply the suspension. As I slowly lowered the car it got to a point I could get it into and up to the manifold.
daytooday is offline   Reply With Quote