Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ordered...but freakin long wait

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:04 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

Default just ordered...but freakin long wait

I ordered my new 05 v6 yesterday and the dealer told me it could be early july before i get it...thats rediculous...he said that there wuz a shortage on the supplies for the interior upgrade pkg which i got and that is wut the delay will be...but seriously...16 weeks for a car...thats rediculous
Old 03-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: just ordered...but freakin long wait

on a v6? Why did you even bother ordering a v6? Just use dealer inventory search and find one you like. They are everywhere.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Here is what an advertising manager from CT wrote to the Blue Oval New forum and I find it very informative and true:

FYI: I am the Advertising Manager for two Ford dealerships in CT and MA. In addition, I have managed the new vehicle inventory for our CT Ford dealership for 19 years. As such, I meet with our Ford Zone Manager regarding the monthly "Wholesale" allocation plan, along with the Dealer Principal, on a monthly basis.

The CT Dealership is part of the New York Sales Region. It has been selling at least two Mustangs each month this Winter and has delivered four 2005 Mustangs within the past 30 days. Going into the March Production Allocation Period we received allocation for two 2005 Mustangs. The first Mustang scheduled for March production was a Mustang GT Convertible Retail Customer Order that was placed last October. Prior to scheduling of our 2nd Mustang for March production, I was informed by our Ford Zone Manager that there were no GT's left for scheduling and no more IUP's (Interior Upgrade Package) available. The only units available to our Dealership for scheduling that week were V-6 units. As such, I took a V-6 Convertible that was offered for stock inventory. It was a matter of taking a Mustang that I could get built or lose the allocation.

As of today, I still have three unscheduled retail orders for customers that I'm trying to get built. To be fair to our 2005 Mustang customers that have placed orders this year, I have staggered the order priority codes so that the orders are scheduled in the order that they were placed. For example... the 1st retail MUstang order was placed with a priority code of "10", the highest priority that a dealer can use... the 2nd retail Mustang order was placed with a priority code of "11", etc.
The three unscheduled retail orders remaining in the Unscheduled Order Bank are all GT's with the Interior Upgrade Package.

Ford's allocation plan has traditionally been based on a "Turn & Earn" basis... the more you sell, the more you can get from the factory. As noted above, our CT dealership delivered 4 2005 Mustangs within the past month. This morning I learned that for April production our dealership is getting only 1 Mustang! I, along with a lot of others, would like to know where all the Mustang allocation is going! I expect that a disproportionate part of production is going to the "Sun Belt" states and the rest of the country is getting what's left over. Mustang sales are obviously way up this year even in the "Snow Belt" but the dealers are getting fewer units. Once again, Ford screws up another product introduction and their own dealers!

My next "Retail" Mustang in order to be scheduled is a GT Coupe that was ordered on November 13, 2004. I've been in regular contact with the customer regarding our allocation situation and the status of his order. Right now it looks like it'll be at least 6 months since the order was placed before this valued customer will see his car. As for the other two customers with unscheduled orders, it's anyone's guess as to whether the cars will get built this model year.

I hope this message posting helps others understand better the frustration that dealers are going through in getting Mustang orders scheduled for production. And before anyone thinks to ask... our Dealership is not... repeat NOT selling Mustangs above MSRP!

Thanks for listening!

Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
rxdork

i can understand being upset having been told 16 weeks, but at least u r going into it knowing it will be awhile
I ordered my GT on 11/09 and only just got serialized with my VIN. I called Ford 800 # to check status and
it's still not scheduled for a build date!!!! I don't have a calendar, but I think i'm over 17 weeks.
Best Wishes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I ordered mine and it still has not been serialized. Just called the dealer and he faxed an e-mail the area sales rep that I sent him expressing my disappointment in the long wait I have. He talked to the rep and they said it should be a week or two before we would see anything. I guess we will see what happens in two weeks.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:44 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

ya...it ticks me off especially since its a v6 and i figured 6-10 weeks but the reason i ordered it is b/c after the search there were no cars that were built how i wanted them...cuz i wanted abs, int. upg. pkg, ext. sp. pkg, and a couple of other things...but the thing that sux is theyre short on supplies for teh interior upgrade package and its gonna take forever cuz i get put in a line w/ all the gt's but o well...atleast itll be sweet and just how i want it when it gets here....i hope