Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hint for people that get OIL changed at a shop.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
RedStang06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hint for people that get OIL changed at a shop.

What do you do with your old oil?

How do you dispose of it?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

If it wasn't such a pain in the *** for me to get rid of the oil around here, I would do it myself.

There's no beautiful woodlands or streams for me to throw it in to. [:@]

Ha. j/k
Old 02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
08mustanggt
1st Gear Member

man i'm glad i changed mine myself for the 1st time it was so easy,know for sure i got mobil 1
Old 02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

Yeah I prefer changing my own. Just wanted to say that all you guys and gals are cool. Your support means much more to me than you know.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Paratrooper82nd

Yeah I prefer changing my own. Just wanted to say that all you guys and gals are cool. Your support means much more to me than you know.
Well in that case, +1 on the MAJOR THANKS for what you do, my friend. Actually, make that +ABAZILLION.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I have used Amsoil Full synthetic since my second oil change, with Amsoil filters......I still watch the mechanics like a hawk and make them bring me the old filters for inspection.

I would love to be able to do these oil changes myself.......but it just isn't possible where I live. I'm ECO-friendly, and I want my old oil disposed of properly. THEY might dump it down the drain.......but I WONT!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

That's pretty retarded when neighbors call the HOA because someone popped their hood open.

You can always take your old oil to a parts store. I take my old oil to the local Murrays. Just make sure they do it before you lug in a bucket full of old crap.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:51 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by musicheadt
Just a little hint for people getting their oil changed at a shop. Take a sharpie marker with you to the auto shop. Write the date and current mileage on your new oil filter. Next time you get your oil changed, check the date and mileage on the filter the shop removes to ensure your filter is actually being changed. New oil with old filter is a useless waste of money. Unless you know your shop is reputable, this isn't a bad idea.

I live in a town home with a Home Owners Association, that doesn't allow mechanical work in the parking lots.....($250.00 fine for auto repairs/maintainance) ..AND I have neighbors that call the H.O.A when I pop my hood.....*expletives at his neighbors*

if i lived in a town where looking under the hood was illeagal
i would just have tell the city to f--- off and do it any way and make a supreme court case out of it im 63 yo and have lived in the usa for 50 years where have our freedoms gone (i am done ranting thank you)
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

He doesn't live in a town that doesn't allow oil changes, he lives in a townhome where the HOA doesn't allow people to work on cars in the parking lot. It's pretty common around where I live too. I can't work on my car in my driveway (which is why I purchased a house with a 3 car garage, so I have plenty of room).
Old 08-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I'm guessing they don't want someone to leave their car up on jackstands for weeks at a time? Kinda like how some people leave frickin fridges and stoves sitting out in their driveway. Redneck.

Quick Reply: Hint for people that get OIL changed at a shop.