Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo parts are here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:53 PM
bobby1110
3rd Gear Member

man i just cant wait to see and hear what the #'s are. great write up once more
Old 12-28-2008, 12:52 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

im still waiting for the tuner from VMP,but i was bored so i went ahead and installed the UDP's. took maybe 45 minutes and was easy as pie. i bought the BBK ones, mostly cause i hated seeing that rusty stock one. i chose the BBk because of the polished water pump pulley, which i will be discarding soon as the electric water pump get shere on monday,lol. i decided to do the EWP after i already bought the bbk's. i did notice a smoother rpm band and a little less effort to get the rpms up, could be just my mind messing with me but im happy with the new pullies.

BEFORE: rust and all

DURING:

AFTER: purdy

BBk pullies are very nice, although i did not see a new bolt for the alternator bracket, i had one here so no biggy. but you cant install the water pump pulley with out a new bolt cause the stock one sticks out so far it hits the pulley, the bbk directions did not mention anything about changing out this olt either.

my new electric water pump is suppose to show up tomorrow along with new thermostat, from the looks of it i will have to remove the entire intake just to replace the thermostat on the 07, that ok becuase i have these to put in while i have the intake off.

so now,if VMP will get me my tuner i could get this over with,im hoping to get a email from VMP soon about when to expect my tuner but so far ive been waiting a week and no update on anything from VMP, not even a confirmation that he got my order.ill wait a few more days before i call him to find out whats going on, i know its the holidays.

also think i got my piping for the intake figured out.i found PROCHARGER instake elbow from the stage 2 kit.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 02-10-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:55 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Quite a few companies are shut down til after the first, but I know being patient sucks when it's something like that which delete plates are those? And I look forward to a write up on the water pump
Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Quite a few companies are shut down til after the first, but I know being patient sucks when it's something like that which delete plates are those? And I look forward to a write up on the water pump
these are the steeda econo plates, i just wanted to get rid of the stock set up, i didnt want a failure of the stock plates bacuse of the boost they would have on them. i do plan to do a write up on the water pump, it should be real easy.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:07 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I was looking at the econo's myself, I refuse to pay what they want for a billet piece your not even looking at but I didn't know it required you to pull the intake manifold for a water pump, I'll have to save my pennies and do both at once.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:11 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I was looking at the econo's myself, I refuse to pay what they want for a billet piece your not even looking at but I didn't know it required you to pull the intake manifold for a water pump, I'll have to save my pennies and do both at once.
i wont have to pull the intake for the water pump, but for the thermostat, one of the bolts that holds the thermostat housing is directly under the intake.so i wont be doing the thermostat until i do the cmdp's,which wont be untill after i get the tuner. im sure its taking longer because of the holidays,it will get here soon enough i guess.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

did you have to rent a puller to get the factory pulley off?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:00 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
did you have to rent a puller to get the factory pulley off?
i already have one, i had to modify it to work on this pulley but worked great afterwards.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-pictures.html

thats for the electric water pump.still waiting for my tuner from VMP to do the cmdp's.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 02-10-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

i installed the cmdp today,it was super easy. i still dont have my tuner yet but hoping it will be here this weekend. car cranked right up when i was done and took it for a short drive,needless to say the upper rpms dont like the delete plates with out the tune for them.over all it was maybe 1.5 hours for the swap.

lol,ill be taking the intake back off int he next day or two becuase while i had it all apart i forgot all about thowing my new thermostat in, and on the 07 the thermostat housing is right under the intake,oh well,im glad it was easy.

Quick Reply: turbo parts are here!