Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo parts are here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:21 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Default turbo parts are here!

well,ive starting collecting my parts for my DIY turbo kit on my 07GT.Im going with a single t70,intercooled and will be tuned by VMP. I have almost everything and will start the fab work up in the next weekend or so. I still have to order my gauges and few odds and ends. I plan to spend less than $3k after the tunning is all done. Im shooting for 450hp.should be easy to accomplish. I have built a few DIy turbo set ups in the past, not for mustangs but its pretty much the same. heres a few pics of whats come in so far.this is about $1200 worth to this point.

3" intercooler piping
HKS blow off valve
master power t70 t4 exhaust housing .68a/r
turbonetics wastegate 5psi spring
31x12x3 intercooler
2.5" exhaust piping
3" downpipe
aem wideband gaugr
aem boost controller/gauge
aeroforce scan gauge
39# cobra injectors
turbo blanket

i cant wait to start cutting and welding

still waiting for a gauge pod,aem boost gaiage/controller and some v band flanges.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 02-10-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: turbo parts are here!

You're going to have your work cut out for you ... keep us updated on how its coming out. Do you have any help? You should have no problems hitting 450 at all.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:04 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

im going to be following your build so take a lot of pictures so i can take down notes. I have the same intentions but for my 4.0l. If you got all that for $1200 you got one hell of a deal. If you could pm me and let me know where you got your parts that would be sick.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:59 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

What's the plans for it as far as mounting location, power output, etc. etc.?
Old 06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

your going to have people kicking down ya dorr to find out how you built it etc.

Good luck *****
Old 06-29-2008, 05:33 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

nope,no help,im going to take it slow, one weekend i may build the exhaust,tac it all up and then put my x pipe back on while im welding it,im going to do it in phases and keep putting the car back for regular driving,i cant be with out it for too long,i would miss driving it,lol. i have a work truck i drive everyday so if it has to be down it wont really matter too bad.

i plan to take lots of pictures
got most the parts off ebay, intercooler and piping look great and was less than $200 for all of it, ive been jumping on deals in classifieds also.

turbo will be in the front,roughly right where a intake would be,alot like the turbonetics but more to the driver side,routing down to the intercooler up front and over to the passenger side and up to the intake. ive looked at all the kits and doing what seems to be the best of all those ideals.

im looking to hit 450,no plans to build the block so im keeping it down for now.

im starting with the exhaust, thats going to be very similar to the turbonetics,merge under the car next to the oil pan, then up to the front, make some sway bar mounts to lower the swa bar for more clearance. once that is all set and the turbo is mounted,running the intercooler piping should be pretty easy.still need a solution for the intake pipe and MAF bung but i think i have a good ideal that will work perfect.anyone have one of those cheap ebay intakes?using vortechs instructions it shows how to tap the oil pan with no drilling and not dropping the pan, i will get my oil from the oil pressure switch by the oil filter.

i have alot of things going on here at my house too,laying tile and doing crown molding, soon as thats all done you guys will start seeing some pictures of the fab work.

if anyone has any ideals to throw out there im listening!!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Good luck *****.
I can help you with welding (aestheticaly beeds) for the ones that will remain exposed.
Unless you grind down everything and powder coat.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

boxes full of bent pipes make me cargasm. w00t w00t!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

Good luck *****.
I can help you with welding (aestheticaly beeds) for the ones that will remain exposed.
Unless you grind down everything and powder coat.
will do, i plan to tac em all together,then hand them off to my dad,hes been a welder for 35 years.

tomb,i have not forgot about your tail lights,ive just been real busy,can you believe today is the first time i have washed my car since we did the cruise?
Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I say you're in good hands then.

Quick Reply: turbo parts are here!