Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:59 AM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

I REALLY like the black dash, looks to be vinyl
Old 11-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Some things I like, some things not. And one or two things "not sure".

Rear quarters (maintains some heritage), dash (I do hope that a 6-gauge cluster remains an option).
Claimed ability to completely turn off both traction and stability control.

Dislikes:
Rear (too big, too "heavy", and way too busy - the little downward "point" under the inner clear portions of the taillight assemblies is without purpose or consistency with any other body line and is just plain wrong)
Wheels/tires that are even bigger than those on the current car (which at 27" tall overall are already an inch bigger than really necessary IMHO). It's not the side view that needs to have the eye distracted from a styling flaw by wheels that overpower it, and they don't help the rear view (that could stand a little help in that department).

Not sure:
Front spoiler as shown in post #166 above. Looks late 60-ish, but somehow not quite right.

ON EDIT - Was that a red 2010 convertible on a turntable right at the very end of last night's episode of "Knight Rider"? They kept cutting to it and then away from it before I could identify it for sure. If so, a little more teasing on Ford's part?

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 11-23-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

OMG!!!! what the hell they did to the Mustang!!! I'm so jealous of the extra 15HP and don't get me started with the interiors....LOLOL....

J/K couldn't resist!!!

The taillights are a bit to euro for my taste but will reserve final judgement until I see one in person...
Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Some things I like, some things not. And one or two things "not sure".

Rear quarters (maintains some heritage), dash (I do hope that a 6-gauge cluster remains an option).
Claimed ability to completely turn off both traction and stability control.

Dislikes:
Rear (too big, too "heavy", and way too busy - the little downward "point" under the inner clear portions of the taillight assemblies is without purpose or consistency with any other body line and is just plain wrong)
Wheels/tires that are even bigger than those on the current car (which at 27" tall overall are already an inch bigger than really necessary IMHO). It's not the side view that needs to have the eye distracted from a styling flaw by wheels that overpower it, and they don't help the rear view (that could stand a little help in that department).

Not sure:
Front spoiler as shown in post #166 above. Looks late 60-ish, but somehow not quite right.

ON EDIT - Was that a red 2010 convertible on a turntable right at the very end of last night's episode of "Knight Rider"? They kept cutting to it and then away from it before I could identify it for sure. If so, a little more teasing on Ford's part?

Norm
yeah I saw that haha, ford is using knightrider to advertise alot of its ford vehicles. Awesome.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:48 PM
russ98stang
2nd Gear Member

OMG...................NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What the hell are they thinking up there in Michigan?? What is fords problem, always doing stupid crap. The list hits the floor with stupid ignorant stuff that they put out. Im a die hard ford guy but cmon.... I dont understand, yeah it looks cool but im tired of getting wooped up on by ricers and NOW A V6 CHEVY???? Im about given up on good old ford.... We shouldnt have to empty our pockets, void the warranties, and tear our engines apart to be able to compete with ricers and other cars. o well, the G35 coupes look good...........
Old 11-24-2008, 01:39 AM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

i was gonna reserve my final judgment until i saw it in person

just got back from the la show...

i am extremely disappointed. i was gonna get one this summer if i liked it. now, im just gonna try to get a new 09.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

ford should of offered the 5.4 n/a motor. wonder what kind of h.p. that would have brought to the table.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

It's nothing groundbreaking. Refresh? Yes. Better? I don't think so. It's just a different. I'm pretty discouraged with no new power options. And I don't like the rear... the taillights are ugly and that black area in the rear valance is too big. I'm going to the LA Auto Show on Thursday so I'll reserve full judgement until then, but I kinda already knew what to expect from all those spy shots.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

350, maybe 360. 5.4L isn't a bad place to be, but 4.17" is way too long of a stroke for a 5.4L in a mass-market application.

Norm
Old 11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
ford should of offered the 5.4 n/a motor. wonder what kind of h.p. that would have brought to the table.
To heavy.........

Quick Reply: 2010 Revealed