Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Issue !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 AM
SpunkyQ8

Default Fuel Issue !!

Hey Guys,

I'm Having a problem getting the right advice from my tuner, Apperantly he doesn't have enough time giving me the right advice at once, Here's my problem

I have a built motor with a Procharger on, i tried pushing it to get to my goal of 650-700 RWHP but unfortunately I'm in a bumpy road . At 12 psi I'm doing 570+ RWHP that after i had to put on a twin shelby fuel pumps and KB boost a pump. My Cams gain HP at 4900 RPM Which goes up to 7000. When i ran my car on the dyno at 6800 RPM my car starts leaning out that's after i realized that my 4.13" pulley isn't enough at all to reach my 650 goal. Now that under my tuners advice bought the Shelby fuel pump and KB boost a pump, he just told me to change my fuel system to that triple Ford GT fuel pump system that will cost me well over 1700$ !!

Any Advice of what should i do other than changing my fuel system ?

Bear in mind that my cams are peaked at 6500+ RPM which gives me incredible HP gains, and i can't sacrifice that ..

Thank you,
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

I don't see why you can't run the gt500 fuel system with two baps, that's what im going to do. I'm at 500 and I see 45% fp duty cycle on just the gt500 setup, so I have a ways before I max mine out.. But I have a really good tuner.

Last edited by sevenleaf; 11-26-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Hey Guys,

I'm Having a problem getting the right advice from my tuner, Apperantly he doesn't have enough time giving me the right advice at once, Here's my problem

I have a built motor with a Procharger on, i tried pushing it to get to my goal of 650-700 RWHP but unfortunately I'm in a bumpy road . At 12 psi I'm doing 570+ RWHP that after i had to put on a twin shelby fuel pumps and KB boost a pump. My Cams gain HP at 4900 RPM Which goes up to 7000. When i ran my car on the dyno at 6800 RPM my car starts leaning out that's after i realized that my 4.13" pulley isn't enough at all to reach my 650 goal. Now that under my tuners advice bought the Shelby fuel pump and KB boost a pump, he just told me to change my fuel system to that triple Ford GT fuel pump system that will cost me well over 1700$ !!

Any Advice of what should i do other than changing my fuel system ?

Bear in mind that my cams are peaked at 6500+ RPM which gives me incredible HP gains, and i can't sacrifice that ..

Thank you,
sorry, can't help..but i would love to have this "problem"
good luck
Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

You need 60 lbs injectors, GT500pumps and a dual BAP to get to that level of power. If you have all of those, then there is an issue with the vaccuum lines, electrical wiring andor the tune.

The most common issue with the wiring. Having a bad ground wire or connection or using to small of gauge of wire.

The best way is to data log a dyno run and send the log to someone else so they can evaluate the parameters. Not all tuners are creatsed equal and some have learned things about these cars they do not share with other people.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

60# GT500 setup and a dual BAP you can be good to about 800rwhp.

It may also be your Fuel Rail Pressure sending unit going bad. Thats happened to 2 guys I know.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:37 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
You need 60 lbs injectors, GT500pumps and a dual BAP to get to that level of power. If you have all of those, then there is an issue with the vaccuum lines, electrical wiring andor the tune.

The most common issue with the wiring. Having a bad ground wire or connection or using to small of gauge of wire.

The best way is to data log a dyno run and send the log to someone else so they can evaluate the parameters. Not all tuners are creatsed equal and some have learned things about these cars they do not share with other people.

+1, more so on the wires. I'd go back and check of of the wiring as I had a similar problem it turns out that I had a loose wire near the MAF sensor. This caused an error code sometimes it would reconnect and would be be able to pick the error code. I went back and soldered all of my connections.

Where are you getting the car tuned?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
SpunkyQ8

Ok i have the datalog but unfortunately i don't know how to upload it in here, and i haven't seen error codes yet . but there is one observation regarding the wiring actually one of the black wires that is said to be connected to the fuel rail (i'm not that experienced in this) isn't connected when i asked about it my garage said that i need an adapter a fuel adapter in order to connect that wire. and i'm running on 60 LB injectors and 40 amp KB BAP that 40 amp is said to work great on GT500 dual pumps. So do u guys recommend i only should get another BAP ? or should i buy the triple ford gt system ??

Bear in mind i'm on stock fuel lines and fuel rails PLUS my tuner said that the issue is with the pumps nozzle it's to small to feed the engine !! how true could that be ?

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 11-26-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

No offense but your tuner doesnt sound like he knows wtf he is doing. Im running 17psi on gt500 pumps and 60lb injectors and not even maxing out my fuel setup yet. If you are running this and a bap you should beable to high 700rwhp without a problem, something else is obviously wrong and your turner should beable to find it with a datalog if he is any good.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:56 PM
SpunkyQ8

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
No offense but your tuner doesnt sound like he knows wtf he is doing. Im running 17psi on gt500 pumps and 60lb injectors and not even maxing out my fuel setup yet. If you are running this and a bap you should beable to high 700rwhp without a problem, something else is obviously wrong and your turner should beable to find it with a datalog if he is any good.
Well my tuner is Saud alzabin he is a drag racer he just won in 2nd place in bahrain drag strip. his modular custom mustang of skinny kid and if i were to say something about him. he just doesn't have the time to discuss with me what's is going on or even try sorting it out specially that it's racing season that's all. I'll try to hook my self with a remote tuner of the US i might get it right. But the second issue is my garage. Bro they r **** in electronics !! he had to ask so many people just to make that BAP work !! and as i said before i'm in bumpy road specially that i'm all the way back here in Kuwait quality mechanics are hard to find. what should i do ? i mean i spent well over 2500$ on bogus parts that ended up to be in my store room or wasn't usfull because of mis guidance i worked all by my self when i started this i knew nothing .. nothing at all ! i entered this forum couple of posts and then started working on my car. so plz help me whether u hook me with a remote tuner or even a remote electrician :P