Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
NECIO

Yep I alwayz get impatient putting it back together and forget the footwell pieces go on before the center console. Everytime. But I got mine installed and had no real problems. I removed the post and spring and the metal tab stayed in place but I couldnt leave well enough alone and messed with it so down it went. Everything else was nice and easy. I love it.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Looks great, nice install. Glad you like it!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 AM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Hey John, what trim ring is that?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
NECIO

Its the stock piece painted to match my stripes
Old 04-04-2009, 12:44 PM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NECIO
Its the stock piece painted to match my stripes
What did you do, trim it down the inner area and 3m tape it on?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:12 PM
NECIO

Bingo
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Necio, that looks great. I'm definitely doing mine that way. Question...so you trimmed the boot and used 3m tape to affix it to the underside of the console? Haven't received mine yet so I'm just trying to get a visual.

Also, for those who have received theirs already, how long did it take once you ordered? Just wondering, I won't have my car back for 2 more weeks anyway, I'll probably just sit there and stare at it everyday lol
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleep Deprived
Necio, that looks great. I'm definitely doing mine that way. Question...so you trimmed the boot and used 3m tape to affix it to the underside of the console? Haven't received mine yet so I'm just trying to get a visual.

Also, for those who have received theirs already, how long did it take once you ordered? Just wondering, I won't have my car back for 2 more weeks anyway, I'll probably just sit there and stare at it everyday lol

Hi Steve, it is scheduled to be delivered Monday the 6th.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:05 PM
NECIO

Originally Posted by Sleep Deprived

No not the boot the bezel. When you pull the bezel off it has long tabs that you trim so they are the same length as the rest of the ring on the bottom. Then you pop off the top silver portion of the indicator assembly that I posted a pic of earlier to give you the extra room needed to put the bezel back on. You then wrap the boot around the bottom black part of the indicator assembly and then use whatever double side tape you want to reattach the bezel to the console.

And mine was shipped out monday got it by wednesday.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NECIO
No not the boot the bezel. When you pull the bezel off it has long tabs that you trim so they are the same length as the rest of the ring on the bottom. Then you pop off the top silver portion of the indicator assembly that I posted a pic of earlier to give you the extra room needed to put the bezel back on. You then wrap the boot around the bottom black part of the indicator assembly and then use whatever double side tape you want to reattach the bezel to the console.

And mine was shipped out monday got it by wednesday.
Yep he is correct! I'm found this out myself today that once you remove the indicator assembly top from its base it will give you all the room you need to use whatever bezel you want using 3M tape to hold it in place. I'll have pics for my chrome one up soon.

Quick Reply: Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time