Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Default Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time

First of all I want to say if I could I would own a standard transmission but since I have a problem with my leg I cant use a clutch.

Anyway been waiting for someone to come out with a shifter that replaces the cheap looking stock T handle. Now I dont think that it looks all that bad but it just looks really cheap.

TCI has the ratchet shifter but I do not see much of a benefit and it kind of looks ugly.

Anyway just happened upon a new product the other day. This replaces your T handle with a reqular shift handle and a boot. This way you can run a standard shift ****. Anyway figure I would try it out and would let other folks know there is an option.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-ready-2.html
Old 03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Kind of cool. If I had an automatic I'd probably get one. I would probably get a shift **** that DIDN'T have the shift pattern on it though.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Exactly. It allows one to personalize their vehicle it is just a shift **** but it sucks that the folks with standards can buy all kind of cool aftermarket shifters and until lately if you bought an Automatic there was nothing.

This is a very cool product. I cant wait to get it installed, I am fricking stoked!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Jason0279
1st Gear Member

Thanks for posting this! I've wanted to change the shifter to something more unique. Grabberpony.com carries shift ***** with and without engraving in colors that are a close match to Mustang colors. I'm thinking Vista Blue, and maybe I can get them to custom engrave GT/CS.

- Jason
Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'm at work and will open the link later this evening. Does it take the OD button into account?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

you rock thanks for posting this ! Ive been waiting to here to back from TCI on my order but nothing and from what it sounds like there going to be awhile ! THanks again !
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Think the overdrive is under the boot so it is there if you want to switch it off or on. You do cover up the gear selector but he says you wont notice as you can cover yours with tape just to see how it will be.

I also was checking if my Aeroforce gauge would display the gear that was selected. It has the parameter but I dont think Ford supports it as when I set mine up yesterday it only showed a 1 and never went to another number or letter. But hey screw it I am sure I can figure it out but ford sucks for not putting the gear indicator in the instrument cluster anyway.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

yeh the guys name is charlie really cool guy.. emailed him the other about this . then i saw your post and was like wow ! Guy from what i hear is pretty ****ing good at what he does talking to others on differnt forums.....
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
First of all I want to say if I could I would own a standard transmission but since I have a problem with my leg I cant use a clutch.

Anyway been waiting for someone to come out with a shifter that replaces the cheap looking stock T handle. Now I dont think that it looks all that bad but it just looks really cheap.

TCI has the ratchet shifter but I do not see much of a benefit and it kind of looks ugly.

Anyway just happened upon a new product the other day. This replaces your T handle with a reqular shift handle and a boot. This way you can run a standard shift ****. Anyway figure I would try it out and would let other folks know there is an option.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-ready-2.html
do you have a link to the purchase this?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Yeh here you go !
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-cl...ct/11320/cat/8

Quick Reply: Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time