Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

whats the point of making it look manual? i dont get it. y wouldnt u just get a manual transmission
Old 07-09-2009, 04:16 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

^ lol this again... maybe if u wouldve read some of the other responses you would know why.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

didnt feel like reading through 19 pages of information
Old 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ziggy
Here's some feedback on this shifter and blk281gt. I'll stick to the facts.

I bought this shift handle at a swap meet in March. For some reason, the way the shift handle attaches to the shifter on my 06 convertible is different than the product is designed for so it will not fit. blk281gt acknowledged that handles on some 06 and earlier cars are different and the imitator handle will not fit. I've received multiple promises from blk281gt to produce a handle that will fit and to date have received nothing. blk281gt indicated to me (including on this forum) that if I wasn't happy I could return the product and receive a refund. My wife (BabyBStang) has made numerous phone calls to blk281gt requesting a refund and has received no response. He never answers and never returns messages. As it stands now I'm out $175 and stuck with a handle I can't use.

For the record, I gave up waiting for blk281gt to make good on his promise to produce a usable handle and installed a TCI Street Fighter shifter. It didn't cost all that much more and is a way nicer product.
I ran into this same problem. This was a few months back, but he was in the process of developing an adapter so it would fit but I ended up shipping the item back and received a prompt refund. If he's responding to you then just let him know that you'll be sending it back for a refund. At least he's not too far if you get gipped lol
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Guess Ziggy forgot to mention that his money was returned.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
Sorry to hear that but I know exactly what you mean ziggy. See what he told me in the April 30th quote below. I've emailed him several times since then but never get a response from him. He says he got my emails but thats as far as it goes.
Thanks Jack, i come over to your house and install at no extra charge because you have no mechanical ability whatsoever and are now pissed that i did not have the time to do more ?...... what an ***.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blk281gt
Thanks Jack, i come over to your house and install at no extra charge because you have no mechanical ability whatsoever and are now pissed that i did not have the time to do more ?...... what an ***.
Thanks for the kind words. I thought I showed my appreciation for what you did by standing up for your shifter all along. But if you look at your post below which was many months ago what am I to think. If you didn't want to do it just say so, don't promise and then not come through and then throw nasty barbs at me. Good luck to you anyway.

Looks great Jack ! When i get some time, i will come over and install it the other way.Been a little busy lately ( i did get your emails) with my motor issues. I did get the motor out, so i am halfway there. I will send you some interesting info when i get to work in the morning.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
Thanks for the kind words. I thought I showed my appreciation for what you did by standing up for your shifter all along. But if you look at your post below which was many months ago what am I to think. If you didn't want to do it just say so, don't promise and then not come through and then throw nasty barbs at me. Good luck to you anyway.

Looks great Jack ! When i get some time, i will come over and install it the other way.Been a little busy lately ( i did get your emails) with my motor issues. I did get the motor out, so i am halfway there. I will send you some interesting info when i get to work in the morning.
Sorry , next time i will know better than to do a favor in the first place.My fault.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:28 AM
blk281gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ziggy
Here's some feedback on this shifter and blk281gt. I'll stick to the facts.

I bought this shift handle at a swap meet in March. For some reason, the way the shift handle attaches to the shifter on my 06 convertible is different than the product is designed for so it will not fit. blk281gt acknowledged that handles on some 06 and earlier cars are different and the imitator handle will not fit. I've received multiple promises from blk281gt to produce a handle that will fit and to date have received nothing. blk281gt indicated to me (including on this forum) that if I wasn't happy I could return the product and receive a refund. My wife (BabyBStang) has made numerous phone calls to blk281gt requesting a refund and has received no response. He never answers and never returns messages. As it stands now I'm out $175 and stuck with a handle I can't use.

For the record, I gave up waiting for blk281gt to make good on his promise to produce a usable handle and installed a TCI Street Fighter shifter. It didn't cost all that much more and is a way nicer product.
I was going to let this go and just file it under another idiot forum user...but i just cannot and feel the need to defend myself.
Ziggy, you left out some facts, or your wife has not correctly informed you of them. The very first call, from your wife i offered her money back or i could start developing a way to retrofit so it would work on her car.She declined and said :"no problem..i can wait". I constantly returned calls and also called your wife a few times myself to give her an update. When your wife told me she had just purchased a manual transmission ( did she tell you that fact ,or lie i mean?) I HAD MY WIFE DRIVE AN HOUR TO YOUR HOUSE AND PERSONALLY DELIVER THE MONEY. Forgot that fact also????? Or did your wife not tell you that and keep the money for herself??To top it off, she kept the $20 shift ball that comes with the kit...so in FACT, you ripped me off !!! I have sold hundreds of these and you are the only 2 people (wingman also)that i have an issue with. Hmmmm...just a coincidence that you both belong to the same mustang club in Michigan. Well thats a great way for club members to support one another.
Bottom line, i have no problem if you like other products better , but i cannot, and will not have someone that stole from me, call me a thief.Please get the money from your wife, she has it!!Thats is why myself and many others have left your club!!!

Last edited by blk281gt; 12-12-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: addition
Old 12-16-2009, 09:52 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well since I am a site mod and a member of the same car club that Jack and Ziggy are in then I will only say this.........since your not a vendor on the forum and really have not been on this forum much anyway this thread is now closed.....if anyone wants to discuss this then they can take it to PM, or email, or phone, or PM me......choice is yours......

blk281gt- if I find that your selling to members on this forum whether through PM or on the open forum you will be banned......we have discussed this in the past and the thread went dead until recently.

Also anyone that throws out threads to get a feel for what members of this forum will want made the thread will be yanked and the member given an infraction. I dont like my kindness to be mistaken for weakness and I guarantee that it wont happen again.