Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech S3 N/I or Saleen Stage two? Headed for Bren AM 6/19

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:18 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

i have a v2 w/out ic, very very happy with it, fine for daily driving but plenty of power. theres always room for improvement if i get bored i can put an ic on.

edit: have fun with the saleen, i know how the excitement feels..
Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Well here are the final results. two pulls made after the car was warmep up for 3 minutes.

1. 426.08 hp / 409.00 torq
2. 423.11 hp / 407.54 torq

As far as spending the extra money - priceless. Thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

As far as the immediate thrill factor - Ear-Ear grin, white knucle on the wheel, seat of my pants thrilled to the bone. Glad, glad, glad.

Did not get into the new facility. Getting late by the time the install was complete. The dyno is there and in place however. The outside looks mostly complete.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

great numbers. you usually see 420's with the stage 3. Did you upgrade again?

Don't forget to change that stock information.

Now go waste some gas while it's still cheap!!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:27 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05redfirepearlGT
Well here are the final results. two pulls made after the car was warmep up for 3 minutes.

As far as spending the extra money - priceless. Thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

As far as the immediate thrill factor - Ear-Ear grin, white knucle on the wheel, seat of my pants thrilled to the bone. Glad, glad, glad.

Did not get into the new facility. Getting late by the time the install was complete. The dyno is there and in place however. The outside looks mostly complete.
what did you do to get to 420rwhp? what size pulley and stock air box or CAI?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05redfirepearlGT

Awesome man! Congrats and welcome to the club. I am expecting my supershaker to be very close to those numbers, I just can't wait for Brenspeed to have a dyno day and get my own run done.

If you ever feel like it is getting normal once you get "used" to the power, just have someone else drive it and ride passenger. My bro in law came to town and he got into it, when you aren't in total control it feels even more powerful....think I had as big a grin on my face as I did the first runs after install.

I am confused about dyno.... is the dyno set up at their temp shop? I thought last time I talked to Seth he thought the dyno was going in the new building soon.... but you had a dyno and wasnot at the new building...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jersey Stang
great numbers. you usually see 420's with the stage 3. Did you upgrade again?

Don't forget to change that stock information.

Now go waste some gas while it's still cheap!!

Thanks.
No upgrades. Just the stage two package with nothing else done on the car. As a matter of fact Brent re-assured me that the tune was VERY safe. No doubt. I hit the rev limiter once and it was at about 6600 RPM. OOPS!!!! I assume that maybe Brent did some tuning since I got pinged for a 100.00 dyno service on the bill that I thought was a part of the package install deal. I found out later that they now charge for that. I would have paid for it either way. BTW they use a dynojet which I understand is different from soem others in some manner or another. Leave that to the physics professors. HA!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rcj2000
what did you do to get to 420rwhp? what size pulley and stock air box or CAI?
I think the bill said 3.6 pulley. It is the straight forward stage two package as listed on BRenspeeds website. IAW the advertisement and Chandler this package runs @ 6.5 psi.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:13 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toy4Bob
Awesome man! Congrats and welcome to the club. I am expecting my supershaker to be very close to those numbers, I just can't wait for Brenspeed to have a dyno day and get my own run done.

If you ever feel like it is getting normal once you get "used" to the power, just have someone else drive it and ride passenger. My bro in law came to town and he got into it, when you aren't in total control it feels even more powerful....think I had as big a grin on my face as I did the first runs after install.

I am confused about dyno.... is the dyno set up at their temp shop? I thought last time I talked to Seth he thought the dyno was going in the new building soon.... but you had a dyno and wasnot at the new building...
You should knock the bottom out of these numbers if you go with the shaker setup. Have Brent do the dyno runs. IT was worth the 100.00 to see the numbers right there in front of me.

The dyno is installed at the new facility now. They are still doing the isntall and sales work just up town in a little strip plaza next to the CVS and across from the carwash. THe new building is awesome looking from the outisde. THey have the big old BRENSPEED logo in huge letters on the side, the building in grey, with the entry on the front corner. Glass work goes all the way up to the roof there at the corner where you would enter the place.

Appreciate the idea of changing sides. Your right. I will have to be extra senstive to that with my wife in the car or she WILL no something is rotten in Denmark (Bugsbunny quote). I called an old friend of mine who has always been the one with the fast vehicle (1966 F100 shortbed - 351 Cleveland,C63500stall, mid 12's at track), and let him hear the SC whine when I rev'd the ingine in the driveway. I thought he was going to start giggling like a girl!!!! "DO IT AGAIN, DO IT AGAIN!!!! THAT's just WAY TOO AWESOME. DO you think I could put one on my truck?", he said laughing.

I must admit, at age 44 the car makes me a little timid. IT runs great. Biuggest fear I have is getting up to speed looking down, doing 90, l;et off gas, look up - lights in the rear view. OTherwise I am ready to go right now at 10:00pm at night.

See ya!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:19 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by siberian.mist
i have a v2 w/out ic, very very happy with it, fine for daily driving but plenty of power. theres always room for improvement if i get bored i can put an ic on.

edit: have fun with the saleen, i know how the excitement feels..
That Vortech is way nice, and the price is awesome. I'm glad now that I did go Saleen because this is what I was really saving Overtime pay for over that past year. Chandler was spot on right though about the cost difference. It is worth it.

Want to hear a real kicker? They told me that a man's wife came in there last Friday and scheduled to have a stage3 saleen kit put on her hisbands car for his birthday!!!!! Where are the ones that understand at? I have a damn great wife, but she just has no understanding of my passion for cars. Other than that I wouldn't trade her for anoyone less than Ashley Force!!!!! LOL !!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Congrats, and yeah, their Dyno is already in the new building. I come to get my car on Monday. Again, lol. Their customer service is second to none, and the accomodations at the guest house ROCK. Glad you went with the Saleen, you won't be dissapointed. Did you happen to see my car lurking about while you were there???

Quick Reply: Vortech S3 N/I or Saleen Stage two? Headed for Bren AM 6/19