Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If ya had the money........

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

That's a pretty awesome gesture on her part. If it's a GT that she bought you, I'd go out of my way to enjoy the hell out of that car. Mod it and turn it into a beast...or if it's a V6, use it as a nice daily driver with some cool exterior and performance mods. Make it a DD that you care about. It will show her that you really understand the magnitude of her gesture. Maybe I'm just a p*ssy for caring about people's feelings, but I know if I gave my wife or gf a car and she sold it soon after, I'd feel kinda miffed.

Use your money to turn that GT into a twin turbo'd, 700rwhp street legal monster...or in the case of the V6, take nice care of it as a DD, and use that money to get her some crazy *** piece of jewelry. Save the rest for retirement or something sensible like that.

At least wait until a *reasonable* amount of time has passed by before entertaining the thought of trading it in. For a 2009 car, I'd wait until 2012...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

If you try to trade the car for an other one, it would make you seem unappreciative. Spending the money entirely on yourself would make you seem selfish. Buy her something nice.

But if I came into a buttload of money in my own circumstances i'd pay off my debt :-P If there is still money left over, i'd put it in the suspension, and if there is still money left after that, i'd build an N/A beast :-)
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Czar22
1st Gear Member

I have to agree with modding your current ride. Even without considering your wife, the knowledge that you have "built" your car the way you want it is better than buying a GT500 (unless that's what your wife gave you). Definately keep the car and mod it..... not to mention your wife can have input on the mods as well (she must be cool if she gave you a Mustang as a gift!!!!!!!!!!)