Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your MODIFIED S197 Mustang!!!! Bragging thread>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 PM
PB Pod

This is my first Mustang. I am a Mopar guy and my other car is a Magnum SRT-8 that I absolutely love. I only got the Mustang last week and didn't expect to have so instantly taken to the car. My GT is a stripper with the only options the track pack, Recaros, and 301A.

I bought the car to have a platform to play with the Avery Supreme wrapping film. Avery has over 30 colors that include matts, and glosses, some with metallic. They are introducing a bunch of new colors at SEMA including matt metallic. The whole idea is to do color change wraps an alternative to a paint job. I got carried away a little bit with the design as homage to a WWII D-day P-51. I know this isn't a unique idea. When the car is done it will be featured at Avery’s booth at SEMA this fall.
I posted picks of PhotoShop mock ups on my Picasa site earlier on this thread and I have added picks of the car stock. https://picasaweb.google.com/1161742...50951199787714

I too many pictures of the car totally stock to the site like a father with a new baby. I think the new Mustangs are really good looking and the more I look at my car the better I like it. I know this is heresy on a thread focused on mods, but I like my car so much I almost wish I wasn’t committed to modifying it, but I am.

My Corsa Sport axel back and x-pipe are on the truck to our shop as I write this and we hope to install it this afternoon.
I am committed to an Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2 Coil-Over Kit and 3 way-adjustable front and rear tubular sway bars. I am leaning toward a Stage II ProCharger. I haven’t chosen our track wheels and tires. I want to do a shifter, probably the MGW.
Some of the coolest mods are going to be electronic. We are incorporating an iPhone 4S with Harry’s Lap Timer and advanced external GPS receiver, and third-gen iPad 4G-LTE with Harry’s Trainer App installed. This is all going to be integrated in and onto the dash and windshield with the excellent RAM mount systems. Everything will be linked to the OBD port with a Wi-Fi or Blue-Tooth. We hope to replicate the best track video and data acquisition systems for a fraction of the cost with a system that gives us fantastic communication capabilities.

Don’t have a lot of time to get the car built because SEMA is the end of October. We will strip it back to black paint at the show and rewrap it. Any of you going to SEMA stop buy and see the car and have a chat. We will be at North Hall Booth 12637. I would love to talk Mustang.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 AM
stevefranken617

[IMG]www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/44/k/blabla.gif[/IMG]

It's almost a given that whenever the '05-newer Mustangs come up in conversation, its enormous size is always a hot topic. That's because the S197 Stangs are larger than any Mustang Ford Motor Company has produced since the '70s. Their size gives them noticeable presence on the road, but also casts doubts to its performance capabilities.

We decided to take a couple of S197 cars and flog them at the dragstrip to find out how they would respond to basic bolt-on parts. More than a dyno test, we spent the better part of a day proving the parts where they count--at the track.

It's not like we haven't beat the S197 cars to death on the 1,320 for the past year or so, but this test was different. We took two cars that were close to stock and performed the modifications that most Stangbangers would do. Our goal was to hit the 12s with regularity and simplicity.

Our focus was to remove unnecessary weight, which always translates to quicker elapsed times. We also wanted to perform upgrades that would take only 20-30 minutes and could be done trackside. We enlisted the services of Justin Burcham of JPC Racing to conduct the testing, and to be our head wrench for the day. He brought a box of tools, several parts, and two '06 Mustang GTs--one automatic and one a five-speed. The testing parameters were simple: use a pair of Mickey Thompson ET-Streets (26x11.50) to keep the cars consistent. Multiple runs were also made to back up initial results.

Let The Fun Begin
The automatic car came in at a baseline weight of 3,570 pounds, with Burcham's small frame behind the wheel. The automatic car rolled through the gates with a few basic modifications, including a prototype 3,000-stall JPC Racing torque converter, and the rear gears were swapped to a set of 4.10 cogs from Motive Gear. Burcham also added a C&L cold-air kit and modified the tune-up with a DiabloSport Predator. To our surprise, the car ran in the 12s on the first run (12.89 at 106.5 mph). Those simple modifica-tions proved to be highly effective, and we were excited at the notion of pushing this car even further into the 12s. Two backup runs resulted in 13.02/104.2 mph and 13.06/104.3 mph.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:58 AM
stevefranken617

It's almost a given that whenever the '05-newer Mustangs come up in conversation, its enormous size is always a hot topic. That's because the S197 Stangs are larger than any Mustang Ford Motor Company has produced since the '70s. Their size gives them noticeable presence on the road, but also casts doubts to its performance capabilities.

We decided to take a couple of S197 cars and flog them at the dragstrip to find out how they would respond to basic bolt-on parts. More than a dyno test, we spent the better part of a day proving the parts where they count--at the track.

It's not like we haven't beat the S197 cars to death on the 1,320 for the past year or so, but this test was different. We took two cars that were close to stock and performed the modifications that most Stangbangers would do. Our goal was to hit the 12s with regularity and simplicity.

Our focus was to remove unnecessary weight, which always translates to quicker elapsed times. We also wanted to perform upgrades that would take only 20-30 minutes and could be done trackside. We enlisted the services of Justin Burcham of JPC Racing to conduct the testing, and to be our head wrench for the day. He brought a box of tools, several parts, and two '06 Mustang GTs--one automatic and one a five-speed. The testing parameters were simple: use a pair of Mickey Thompson ET-Streets (26x11.50) to keep the cars consistent. Multiple runs were also made to back up initial results.

Let The Fun Begin
The automatic car came in at a baseline weight of 3,570 pounds, with Burcham's small frame behind the wheel. The automatic car rolled through the gates with a few basic modifications, including a prototype 3,000-stall JPC Racing torque converter, and the rear gears were swapped to a set of 4.10 cogs from Motive Gear. Burcham also added a C&L cold-air kit and modified the tune-up with a DiabloSport Predator. To our surprise, the car ran in the 12s on the first run (12.89 at 106.5 mph). Those simple modifica-tions proved to be highly effective, and we were excited at the notion of pushing this car even further into the 12s. Two backup runs resulted in 13.02/104.2 mph and 13.06/104.3 mph.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Mike Nickles

So far, All of the visual mods with a BBK blackout CAI, bama tune and 4.10 gears. Mods you cant see are interior mods and SLP Loudmouths with a nice decklid panel and black GT trunk emblem. Lowered with Eibach pro kit as well.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
bward89

Nickels, where did you get those halo light? And do you know if they make those for the 13's?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Mike Nickles

Originally Posted by bward89
Nickels, where did you get those halo light? And do you know if they make those for the 13's?
Americanmuscle.com.

Not sure if the 13 is any different than the 2012 headlight style but I found these.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/headli...proj-2010.html
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Time to update mine since I've made some changes.

Name:  20120831_170459.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  20120831_170451.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  20120831_170357.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  113.0 KB

Flat..(featureless) hood.

Name:  1345482856.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  105.1 KB
Old 09-06-2012, 12:27 AM
johanssonscarlett

2005-2011 Ford Mustang photos including Shelby GT500, Cobra, Mach 1, SVT, Saleen, Steeda and Roush. Find your favorite S197 Mustang Convertible or Mustang Coupe from the many fine Late Model Mustang photos contained in our S197 Mustang photo gallery collection
Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 AM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

New black roof and red Brembos.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

^^ lookin good

Quick Reply: Post your MODIFIED S197 Mustang!!!! Bragging thread>>