Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Track Pack / Warranty Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:44 AM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

FI = Forced Induction....Surpercharger, Turbo or Nitrious
Old 10-10-2009, 05:45 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
Can you please share more details on this? What brochure? What exactly it says? I was told by my dealer if they put any FI on the car, it is out of warranty if the engine, trans or rear end go boom.

Please dont think I am calling you out. I am trying to find all the info I can here.

Thanks!
Its the booklet that you get at the dealership, its got color options, interior options, etc. Inside one of the fold out pages its got Ford Racing parts and the blower packages are listed. I may be interpreting it wrong, but it says it has a warranty. Maybe its just a warranty for the blower? Now that I look at it again, that may be the case.

Anyway, its got a red Mustang on the cover, says 2010 Mustang. If I had a way to scan it, I would for ya.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:51 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

From the Ford Racing website:

"Unlike our competitors, Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer"

I bet the warranty is just for the parts. Oh well.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 65Raven65
From the Ford Racing website:

"Unlike our competitors, Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer"

I bet the warranty is just for the parts. Oh well.

I'd have to agree.

They'll warranty the parts (probably), but this is a completely separate warranty than that of your 3yr/36K warranty -- which in all likelihood, is subject to being void if the mod causes any of the "new car warranty" problems (or ESP warranty, if you have one).
Old 10-10-2009, 10:47 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BL00DSH0T
FI = Forced Induction....Surpercharger, Turbo or Nitrious
e.g., not naturally aspirated.

Thanks BL00DSH0T.

P.S. -- d'Oh! on my part...
Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 PM
swooshpimp
1st Gear Member

I got the Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack on mine - didnt get too much into the details of the warranty. I just went with what was on the website of Ford Racing. The dealership that did the install is pretty good with any problems that might come from the install in my case.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:07 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

I think the powertrain warranty is for 5 years / 60,000 miles not 3/36. So putting a supercharger on and voiding the warranty is for a longer period than 3/36.

I think that the 4.6L should be good for 5 or 6 PSI boost all day long without ever having a problem. Of course, that is not warranty, just that I believe the modular is a strong motor and 6 PSI boost is easy for this engine. Am I right?

I dont know about the manual trans or rear axle though. Anybody have thoughts on this?
Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
millpond
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW

2. 3,000 mile oil changes are an old idea. This is a hold over from days of soft iron blocks and carburated engines along with poorly refined oil. Now days with very tight engines, super clean injection mixture control and modern oils 3,000 miles is only a waste of money and bad for the environment. In Europe most vehicles run 15,000 miles on oil. This includes vehicles like AMG's with superchargers. You should be super easy at 5,000 mile changes. I wouldn't even consider going less than 5,000 miles on any modern oil in any modern engine, let alone Mobile 1 in a 2010 vehicle.
I agree that 3,000 mile oil changes are old school (and my dealer continues to say come back for your next oil change in 3,000 miles or 3 months). Regardless of mileage we have to be sure to change the oil at least every 6 months to keep the Ford warrantee up.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The synthetic blend is good beyond 5,000 miles or 6-8 months so doing oil changes at 5,000 miles with a blend is conservative if anything. Full synthetics, providing you're not doing a ton of short trips and/or beating the engine hard, are good for 10,000 miles or more or 1 year. I'd put money down that you could run a good full syn well beyond 15,000 miles IF you did oil analysis. I've had 4 vehicles that went beyond 200,000 miles doing oil changes at 8,000 - 10,000 miles intervals with full synthetic. No issues. If you want to change your oil more often, then go for it. The oil companies are in desperate need of your money.

As far as warranty is concerned, I'll simply say go put your dress and panties on and enjoy looking at a stock or near stock slow poke. If you have any *********, you'll go mod the car and then you'll realize the reason you spent thousands of dollars to buy it in the first place. And I've bitten my tongue by not stating what I REALLY wanted to say.

Warranty.... PFFFFFT.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:41 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
As far as warranty is concerned, I'll simply say go put your dress and panties on and enjoy looking at a stock or near stock slow poke. If you have any *********, you'll go mod the car and then you'll realize the reason you spent thousands of dollars to buy it in the first place. And I've bitten my tongue by not stating what I REALLY wanted to say.

Warranty.... PFFFFFT.

For any females posting on this forum, start wearing your ovaries on the outside!

No, I'm not female. But am, as termed by some, a warranty wuss -- at least for the time being, with such a new ride.

I'll let my vehicle post some miles to it before any serious mods, I suppose: I ain't made of money, am having fun with the ride as is, and can't afford to throw thousands of [unexpected] bucks around at the moment -- thousands (or even hundreds) which the warranty would/could cover.

I'm not a mechanic, and have limited space to work on my own vehicle. So I'm at the mercy of shops to do the work for me. I'm not opposed to doing it myself had I more room to do the work, and the proper knowledge that I wouldn't "F" things up.

And hell, these things aren't exactly snails when delivered stock.

To each their own, Nuke, huh? Peace.

Last edited by 7up; 10-11-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Track Pack / Warranty Questions