Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Default Lower ????

Has anyone lowered the front end and left the rear stock springs on their car? I am trying to get an idea of how my car will look and perform with the front lowered and the rear at stock height. Right now I have the Steeda sport springs front and rear but I am planning to go back to the stock springs. The reason I am going back to stock is this is my DD and I am starting to take more long distance trips. Plus I am going to places like New York and Philly where the road quality is not as good as it is in Alabama. The last 2 trips were pretty rough on car and driver. I can get the rear spring done before my next long trip so I need info on how it will look and how it will perform. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chub46
Has anyone lowered the front end and left the rear stock springs on their car? I am trying to get an idea of how my car will look and perform with the front lowered and the rear at stock height. Right now I have the Steeda sport springs front and rear but I am planning to go back to the stock springs. The reason I am going back to stock is this is my DD and I am starting to take more long distance trips. Plus I am going to places like New York and Philly where the road quality is not as good as it is in Alabama. The last 2 trips were pretty rough on car and driver. I can get the rear spring done before my next long trip so I need info on how it will look and how it will perform. Thanks.
was your ride over rough roads better with the stock springs ? I have 1 of our cars lowered and the other not yet. I can't tell any difference in the actual ride over bumps and/or bad roads. Maybe a better quality shock will help more than going back to stock springs ?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Yes, there is a difference between the stock springs and the Steeda sport springs. I roll over the same RR tracks every day going to work. At 65mph the stock springs would roll over the tracks on problems. At the same speed the Steeda sport springs would jar the whole car. I have to take the RR tracks at 50mph with the Steeda springs. Don’t get me wrong I am having fun with the Steeda springs but I am older now and the roads up north after a 16hr drive is hard on the body. Even the trip there is a lot of fun. But once I am north of Virginia the fun doesn't stop but it does slow down.