Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with the Cervini Side exhaust .. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

is the reason for the crappy bend the ONLY place for the hanger location .... I have a deal on just the rear valance and already have the pypes mid muffler but after looking at this .. im concerend that the only place to hang the hanger is the location posted above !... Now would a direct bend right off the muffler be ideal and then just fab up a braket type hold weld to the frame be a better idea ...??? BTW pascal you need to move to the west coast ..:LOL
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I found that my side exaust is a pita to fit also, the damn tips to me should sit flush with the skirts, but they won't the back sticks out like 1/4" and the front 1/8" and heavy for bit you scrape cause you are just going to be realigning again... haha O'well sounds good and looks good so I will live with it. However I have magnapacs and not pypes...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyask
is the reason for the crappy bend the ONLY place for the hanger location .... I have a deal on just the rear valance and already have the pypes mid muffler but after looking at this .. im concerend that the only place to hang the hanger is the location posted above !... Now would a direct bend right off the muffler be ideal and then just fab up a braket type hold weld to the frame be a better idea ...??? BTW pascal you need to move to the west coast ..:LOL
I am sure you can fab your own hangers and bend the pipe where you want. They hangars are in those spots cause they use holes that somehow are already there. It was like Ford was planning on this exhaust to be there... lol
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Those locations are pretty much it.
If it was me, I'd have an exhaust shop doing a pipe from scratch.
From the muffler to the tip.
Why Pypes didn't put a kink right before the drive shaft to stay away from it, is beyond me!!
I mean, who does the mock up for those idiots? Another idiot I guess...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

pascal nice work man as always. wow those pipe bends snick they def can make that fit good if your not an idiot right pascal hahaha
Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well, you have to be smarter than the thing you're working with, lol.

I can rig it up nice for the owner but it'd be at least a full day to mess with it, he's already paying big bucks to redo the whole car the right way from the previous shop.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
REDFIRE_GT_BEAST
2nd Gear Member

Ok well for now i just need it to work and if you can ask your muffler guy what he thinks he might be able to do. Sorry for butting in the post.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by pascal
Here's a picture of READFIRE_GT_BEAST set-up.
I did correct clearance since that picture.
Problem is that Cervini use Pypes for their exhaust, so the fit sucks.
Hello,
Fellow Cervinis owner here and I am pre- pypes exhaust as mine was made by magnaflow!!!!!! I am pretty sure that I have no clearance issues as it sits except for where the tips dip below the frame rail as that is the only way one can have side exhaust without major customization.

I will post some pics and try to get better ones up later (heading to gym now)

Cameron I will call you and forward pics for your friend but unfortuneately Cervinis uses pypes exclusively (mine are magnapacks and say "magnaflow" on them and thats it.

Ask this question on the Cervinis forum too and Philip can help...real nice guy but expect at least a day for a response.

I am confident that my setup will clear a 4" DS but the pics will tell when I get them which is hopefully tonight. I have the GT stored now and just hate to wake her while she sleeps but I am sure she misses me since Monday when I did finish up with the "storing process".

EDIT- I am *****...pic ***** that is!!!!!
pic of drivers side tip

passenger side next

Now for underneath and a pic while at the shop getting everything installed

not the best pic but only one I have at this point....I will add more... its close but I think I am fine.

you can see where it exits out the side of the 4x4....LOL

here is what she sounded like before FI.

yes thats my voice in the short clip....much more edumacated now

here is what she sounds like now!!!

and yes thats me stating the obvious...turn up the volume on the speakers...love the whine but I dont hear it anymore unless the windows are up...

Last edited by mygt500; 11-18-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by REDFIRE_GT_BEAST
Ok well for now i just need it to work and if you can ask your muffler guy what he thinks he might be able to do. Sorry for butting in the post.
You don't have to be sorry of anything, especially when it's about your car, lol.
Those threads are open to anyone.

I'll make sure the car right for you.
It's already 100% better than what I started with.
I just like you to have more clearance for the reasons we talked about...

And J, pix of your set-up would be great. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Cam- check out my links for many other pics and my photobucket acct had many others from many different angles mygt500_album

Pascal....you know I will post more...and I am not sorry....LOL

Quick Reply: Anyone with the Cervini Side exhaust .. Need help!