Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered 2011 GT today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
stompy

Left off the back up camera and comfort package. I don't need heated seats as the car won't be driven in the winter time and I don't like the back up camera built into the spoiler. Who needs a back up camera in a sports car anyway??
Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
stompy

Also, I ordered the brochure too. I am going to take that into the dealer when I get it and get another $750 knocked off too.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

yeah i used USAA for my 2010 gt purchase..went pretty smooth. I mean, I didn't get the exact price that USAA car buying service quoted me but still ended up ok. just sucks paying taxes on the car lol..I use geico for insurance USAA was too expensive
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Approximately 25 pounds more with GR.
Where did you read that it's only 25?
I'd be surprised if it was only that much.
Most "sunroof" options on cars add 35-40 lbs, and much more if it's one of those panoramic or dual sunroof versions. Granted a sunroof has motors and so forth, but I can't imagine the motors weighing too much.
It's usually the glass itself that is quite heavy.

If it's only 25 lbs that would be pretty good, but still adding any weight to the top of a performance car is the worst possible place to add weight.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
Good info Gene K
If I call the X Plan Pricing number will they be able to tell me if one of my employers is X Plan qualified or do I have to know that before calling?
I don't really want to ask my employers, would rather find out myself through Ford.
Thanks
You can give it a try. Ive always just went to Fordpartners.com and entered our partner code to get the PIN.

Usually you ask Human Resources for your partner code (Contract Employees of a Member company are eligible as well).

If all else fails you can likley go to Blueovalforums.com and get one. Just remember the person that grants you one may cancel it after 30 days if you dont communicate with him that the car is on order and you are awaiting delivery. He only gets so many a year he can give out to "Friends and Family". Otherwise the PIN is good for One Year from issue date.

Im only X-Plan Qualified so I cant transfer a PIN outside my immediate houshold or family like A-Plan guys can.

Last edited by Gene K; 05-05-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
You can give it a try. Ive always just went to Fordpartners.com and entered our partner code to get the PIN.

Usually you ask Human Resources for your partner code (Contract Employees of a Member company are eligible as well).

If all else fails you can likley go to Blueovalforums.com and get one. Just remember the person that grants you one may cancel it after 30 days if you dont communicate with him that the car is on order and you are awaiting delivery. He only gets so many a year he can give out to "Friends and Family". Otherwise the PIN is good for One Year from issue date.

Im only X-Plan Qualified so I cant transfer a PIN outside my immediate houshold or family like A-Plan guys can.
Thanks Gene.
I'll look into it a bit further when I'm ready to order (which may be another month or two).
Hopefully they'll still be offering the $500 rebate and the great financing they currently have now.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 PM
stompy

Got my VIN number from my salesman today. Got it a lot quicker than expected! I checked Ford's website, no window sticker shows up yet which I figured. Anyone know how long after a VIN is produced that the window sticker will show up? I am so damn excited for this car to get here!

If anyones interested, I called Roush the other day inquiring about when the exhaust for the 5.0 will be out. The dude said mid july was what they were expecting for a release date.

Last edited by stompy; 05-11-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:58 AM
stompy

Salesman says delivery is scheduled for the week of May 23rd...Holy crap that was fast! 6-8 weeks turned into about 3. Amazing how fast they can build it and get it here. And my window sticker is online. So cool seeing the window sticker of your car you custom ordered. In case you can't tell, I am excited!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Where did u look on the ford site for info on the window sticker. I should have my vin soon....
Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 PM
stompy

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.co...icker.pdf?vin=

Go to that website and put the VIN after the equal sign. It might not be up there right after you get your VIN. Mine showed up a few days after my salesman e-mailed me with it.

Quick Reply: Ordered 2011 GT today!