Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally did it - My 2011 GT is on order...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 AM
AirForce_5.0

Originally Posted by dSINtia
So basically I graduated high school the year they did away with the fox body and 5.0 and have always told myself, "Self, if Ford ever puts out a 5.0 liter mustang again - you're going to buy one." Hot damn, I've waited 16 yeras for this damn car and I'm afraid the next couple of months are going to take for ever... I've "settled" for the following. Sterling gray with black/cashmere leather in a 5.0 GT Premium, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 401A, electronics package, rear view camera, 19" wheels, with the stripe delete option. I am active military and am walking away at $36,262 before incentives. I'm beside myself...
What branch are you in and what part of Texas are you from?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats to you and AirForce_5.0!!!
Thank you for serving our Country. =-)
Old 05-10-2010, 08:58 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

We should get up a poll and see how many people got their '11s through the ENCS. You two and me makes three that I know of.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM
dSINtia

I'm Navy. Joined in 1994. Was enlisted and for some strange reason "they" decided to give me a commission three years ago. Originally from south Houston (near Channelview out towards San Jac) but also spent time just north of Dallas. I'm in San Diego now...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 PM
stompy

Exciting, Isn't it? I ordered mine a week ago and I am so excited about it. There are gonna be a lot of nice 2011's around this forum in the next couple months!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:25 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

I'm Navy. Joined in 1994. Was enlisted and for some strange reason "they" decided to give me a commission three years ago. Originally from south Houston (near Channelview out towards San Jac) but also spent time just north of Dallas. I'm in San Diego now...
I thought they gave everybody coming out of OCS a BMW 315i? Every JO I've ever seen drives around in one!

But I suppose it's only fitting, what with you being a mustang and all, that you drive a Mustang!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:21 AM
dSINtia

Very funny and fitting I might add. Deuche bags driving around in deuche bag cars. I'll take american built muscle every day of the week. How much longer in Iraq? Good luck.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Very funny and fitting I might add. Deuche bags driving around in deuche bag cars. I'll take american built muscle every day of the week. How much longer in Iraq? Good luck.
9 more months here with the most God-awful Army unit of all time here in Baghdad. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for them. No sense of unit cohesion whatsoever, and solving problems at the lowest level hasn't occured to them once in their life. It really is a shame, the rest of the job ain't bad.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
dSINtia

I'm not surprised you feel that way. A good friend of mine was on a rolling RAM sight about two years ago... he said the same thing. He was a JG at the time and they thought he was the smartest man on Earth. He also mentioned the standard issue second class had more sense of responsibility and initiative than the most senior folks he dealt with over there. My brother was an AT1 in Lemoore btw. Commissioned now - through STA-21. He was with a rag squadron in the late 90's.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i'm in san diego too, except i won't be having a 2011 anytime soon at the way things are going lol

what part of san diego?

Quick Reply: I finally did it - My 2011 GT is on order...