Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripes or No Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
In the end, it's your car. If you like stripes, put 'em on.
Did you read the OP's thread? He asked for advice.. Yes its his car but he wouldn't have asked for suggestions if he didn't want/need it. Now back to the Thread.. No Stripes bro.. Car looks clean as is..
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 AM
astentine
2nd Gear Member

Personally, stripes look sick. A nice silver on that car would set it up and make it look mean!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I say stripe that 'Stang! I've always been a big fan of stripes.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:00 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I really love stripes, but for your mustang, it just looks too good without them.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wiseyofhb
Hey Andretti,

Your car is BRILLIANT ! I saw the side profile in the blue stangs group. The stripes look great.

I see you have the truFiber hood..i take it that you had a body shop do the paint work on it to match up the paint and the stripes to the car? I assume those hoods just come in a white Gel coat.. in fact it looks like your car on their web site but with different wheels?
Thank you for the compliments on my car. There are some very outstanding mustangs here on the site so make sure to look around. Everyone just goes for the mods and paint schemes that they like best. I've seen the majority of trufiber hoods shipped initially just white gel coat.

Mine was a tad different since it was one of the initial 'developmental' hoods with recessed hood pins so it was primered.

I'm not sure about the pic on thier site being specifically my GT....I have changed out wheels since I first did the conversion and added the hood/stripes so yeah, its definately possible. I initially had Shelby Razors on mine till switching out earlier this year.

Andretti
Old 07-27-2010, 03:57 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I like both with and without stripes but if your going to do it do it right and go with painted on ones. The hardest part is finding a stripe that looks good on your car and is the right color for the look your going for. My stripes are painted on and full body panel clear coated. I also went with a more stealth look by getting a color in the same color family as my car.

You can see more pic's by clicking on the link under my siggy
Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Stripe...don't stripe...hood pins...no hood pins...whatever....but what the hell are you two doing sticking fake cobra emblems on the car???
Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Stripe...don't stripe...hood pins...no hood pins...whatever....but what the hell are you two doing sticking fake cobra emblems on the car???
Eeeeaaasy my friend. You really don't want to get into that. This issue has been beat the hell out of on this forum and it all comes down to a matter of personal choice. Let's end it here.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 PM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

To the OP I am doing my black 11 CS/GT with OTT stripes next week, I have a glass roof, so I'm doing shorties on top which you will have to wait and see.

Im going with satin black to match my side stripes.

I will post then.

Jeff
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UpTo11
Eeeeaaasy my friend. You really don't want to get into that. This issue has been beat the hell out of on this forum and it all comes down to a matter of personal choice. Let's end it here.
++1 agreed

Quick Reply: Stripes or No Stripes