Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Convertible Ford Mustang
Default The S197 style Mustang has been out for 5 years now

Is everyone happy with their car? Has it been what you hoped for? This upcoming mid October I will have owned my GT/CS for 3 full years and am so happy with it. This is the car I wanted. There isn't another car I wish I had. I still think they are the best looking cars on the road.

I give Ford high marks for restyling this car starting in 2005 and refining it since then. I'm glad I own a Mustang. I always want the newest one that comes out each year with the new refinements but, I don't have that kind of money. So, as of right now I have about 78,000 miles in 3 years and am ready to put many more miles on it!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Reverse Camera, Magnaflow Axle Backs, Lloyd Floor Mats
Mustangmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: meh

I haven't been disappointed by this car at all myself except the usual, wish it had an independent rear... Other than that I just love it.

Quote:
I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean. Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it.
MOOK3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Retro06MustangGT500
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: mustang

its been like four years now with 22,000 miles. i love my mustang gt (gt500) i wouldnt trade it for a real one, cuz there all over the place and yet mines not real but it unique
I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok).
Retro06MustangGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

I've owned and driven all years and flavors of Mustangs continuously since high school. Never been without one. I graduated in 1968 so I've been a very long-time Mustang guy.

The S197, especially the GT, is by far the best Mustang ever built.

Better quality, performance, handling and design than any other generation Mustang ever built.
GT Appearance Pkg w/ Interior Upgrade Pkg
18" Polished Fan Blade Wheels
Airaid CAI w/ FRPP Tune
Roush Lowering Springs
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT Premium, 5 Speed

Happy...OH HELL 'YA !! Hoped For... OH HELL 'YA !!

It's a KEEPER..!!!!
B326 (5.3L)Forged Stroker, FRPP CNC Ported Heads,Kooks LT,1pc Alum DS,4:10Gears,HotRod Cams, FRPP 62mm Throttle Body,Whipple-HO Intercooled SC,15 PSI,GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Mcleod RXT Twin Disk Clutch,Steeda 10 Rib Belt Drive Syst, Moroso 7qt pan,Tremec T56 Magnum
685 RWHP/699 RWTQ Mustang Dyno
07 GT E UPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Mustang GT and 04 Mustang V6

My current 06 GT is my 2nd Mustang and yes, I plan on keeping it a long long time!
Got it paid off couple months ago and I'll finish modding it to where I want sometime next year then I'm start hunting for a clean fox body convertible cruiser!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 RACE RED 5.0 w/6-speed MT/3.73's

I absolutely LOVE my Mustangs! The s197 body style is sweet and as close to retro as you can get, BUT the SN95 is a very close second in the aesthetics department. I have a New Edge, SN95, and s197 and the SN95 continues to catch my eye frequently.

I did think the s197 GT's were going to be faster than they actually are, but after owning one I can see a Supercharger is where I'm going to have to go in order for it to be "fast" without beating the dogsh!t out of it.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT/CS

25,000 happy miles
StickShifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

I also like the 1998 body style, smooth flowing lines...that one is my daily driver. I have 165,000 miles on it with only a clutch and fuel pump change.

As for the S197, my 2008 is my toy car and only gets driven on the weekends (7000 miles). Not a fan of the new body shape, so even more happier about mine

PS. My son is 3 months old now, and he even loves the car. Guess it will be his 16'th birthday present. Now what other car can you think like that with??

Last edited by Roy_R; 08-26-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Roy_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: Guess

I was thinking about this last night when I was buffing and waxing my car... I have been really wanting a c6 vette/03 cobra, but the more I look at them, the more I think ****. There is no way I could trade this car for anything. I absolutely love it. 43k miles since Jan. 4, 2007. Pretty sure I'll be paying cash for my next car and keeping this till the day I die. S197 FTW!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, 410, birthday, body, daily, driver, fox, gears, gt, mustang, s197, s1975, spacer, speeds, struts, throttle, type, v6