Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 011 GT breaks 12 seconds with Steeda CAI & tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Long Stroke
It clearly stated the mods in the first paragraph.

You sound a little bitter, maybe because you got a 2010 and didn't wait for the 5 liter. It's okay, your not the first and won't be the last
I won an AMEX promo and got the car for 50% off, not bitter one bit
Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTGangsta
thanks for posting it smaller, but will you let us know why you are posting it?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jsnyng
That's a great time and MPH you've put up. I think the first responder to this thread was saying calling it "stock" with drag radials was a bit exaggerated. I'm glad Steeda "Somebody whizzed in my Wheaties Thursday morning" Gus posted the link showing the car ran a 12.45 w/ 3.31's on stock tires. You've got 3.73's and DR's. Very impressive to put the car into the 11's for bolt-ons.

You can see from my sig, I've got Steeda parts on my car. Whenever my Koni's come in, I'll have the Steeda HD Strut Mounts as well. Good job guys.
Thanks! It is awesome to be able to run those times with just simple changes.

On the first responder saying we called it stock with drag radials, we didnt say that. Here is a copy and paste from the article.

"Recently one of our 2011 Steeda Mustangs equipped with our proprietary Steeda Cold Air Intake, a Steeda Performance Tune, and Nitto 275/40/17 NT05 Drag Radials blasted down the quarter mile at the South Georgia Motorsports Park with an unbelievable time of 11.96 seconds at over 115 mph !"

We are not claiming it is stock. Further in the article we mention stock exhaust, which it is, down to the mufflers. Not even the axle back has been changed. We are not saying the whole car is stock though.

I would not want people to just read whats in this post and then not bother to read the article itself and assume that is what we said. It does bother me when people take a title to infer the meaning of the whole article and go on to call it misleading, as you noticed. LOL
Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
SweetSandMan
1st Gear Member

^^Stop posting pictures of your car...in the wrong section...
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
It does bother me when people take a title to infer the meaning of the whole article and go on to call it misleading, as you noticed. LOL
It can easily be avoided by the OP actually making the title clearer. Frankly I can see room to be bothered by both angles. Yah you should read the article first. But the person who makes the frickin title should name it better as well.

Also I'm sure you guys are aware of this but it might be worth repeating. I've seen others pick up "only" .25 in the 1/4 mile from an intake/tune on these cars. There is a guy over on s197forum who had that experience. He ran a 12.7 stock and then a 12.5 after the intake/tune. Results are going to vary because the weather and track conditions vary from one day to the next.

Last edited by Riptide; 11-18-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Long Stroke

Originally Posted by Riptide
Also I'm sure you guys are aware of this but it might be worth repeating. I've seen others pick up "only" .25 in the 1/4 mile from an intake/tune on these cars. There is a guy over on s197forum who had that experience. He ran a 12.7 stock and then a 12.5 after the intake/tune. Results are going to vary because the weather and track conditions vary from one day to the next.
Your 100% right.

Thats why when we first designed the CAI I went to the track to do this....

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...k-testing.html

Test the car 100% stock, then with just CAI and tune, then bolted up some Nitto's. All on the same exact night.

Problem I had was with the cheap 235 stock tires, adding more HP only caused more tire spin. Even with the radials I figured out how launch it right. But going from a 3.31 to a 3.73, and adding CAI, Tune and Nitto's was just under a full second at the track. Sick.

No doubt though, these cars fly.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
pitchdogg
1st Gear Member

there is a well known company that also posts misleading VIDEOS on youtube.
Then they argue about clarity....
Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 PM
302_GT
1st Gear Member

^ You've got me curious. Which videos?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
SweetSandMan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
I would not want people to just read whats in this post and then not bother to read the article itself and assume that is what we said. It does bother me when people take a title to infer the meaning of the whole article and go on to call it misleading, as you noticed. LOL
We're just being hard on you Steeda that's all. It was a great run and we can't take that away. But surely you can see how it's slightly misleading with the way it's advertised. Look at the title and ask yourself, "Was the car modified further than the title lists?" The answer is Yes. Granted, it says it in the story outline (AKA fine print). But it just comes across as a marketing ploy that doesn't tell the whole truth up front....kinda like the Chevy Volt's "230 mpgs" before that was called out.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SweetSandMan
We're just being hard on you Steeda that's all. It was a great run and we can't take that away. But surely you can see how it's slightly misleading with the way it's advertised. Look at the title and ask yourself, "Was the car modified further than the title lists?" The answer is Yes. Granted, it says it in the story outline (AKA fine print). But it just comes across as a marketing ploy that doesn't tell the whole truth up front....kinda like the Chevy Volt's "230 mpgs" before that was called out.
Actually no, I dont see it as misleading, as I've already stated.

When did it become a requirement to have a title tell you everything you need to know about an article? The title is an introduction to what you are going to read. Somehow at somepoint some people seem to feel entitled to have the article title tell them what the entire article is going to say.

I don't and will not agree with that. A title is meant to be an introduction and certainly not meant to tell you every little detail. Thats what the article was for. And if someone starts making assumptions and saying incorrect things cause they didnt bother to read the article I will not hesitate to call them on it.

What is there to read if everything is told in a short title? You might as well skip writing an article altogether. Thats how I see it and we'll just agree to disagree.

Last edited by SteedaGus; 11-18-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock 011 GT breaks 12 seconds with Steeda CAI & tune