Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual seat adjustment bar on brand new 2011 GT. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
Sorry, I guess I should have tied a bow on that. I think you should have the dealer do a full inspection and replace anything that isn't perfect. There is no reason for them to give you a car in that condition and sell it as new.
Will they do that? I can guarantee they won't fix the front bumper (I know for sure I didn't do it, but they don't know that), the engine bay lining would be as hard as hell to replace, and I have a ding on my center console. When they are finished, I would probably have 10 times as many things wrong with it.

Such a terrible feeling. I had two cars I was trying to choose from, one was Red that had 7 miles on it. I found a paint bubble on the hood of the Red one and chose the gray with 78 miles. Ahh.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Whether they fix it or give you some compensation they need to do something. You shouldn't need to inspect a vehicle they sell as new.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If you expect ANY new car to be flawless, you're in for a major meltdown. Add to that the possibility of dings and other boo-boos as a DD and you either need to chill or medicate. It sux, but that's life.

My '07 ws delivered with rear bumper damage. They did a decent job fixing it but I still knew and it bugged me for a long time. After awhile you realize you should pick you battles. You may want to try another dealer though. If they think they can win your business by fixing a few minor things including the rear clunk, even if it IS aftermarket related, they'll do it. My dealer fixed the rattle in my aftermarket exhaust, no questions asked.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If you expect ANY new car to be flawless, you're in for a major meltdown. Add to that the possibility of dings and other boo-boos as a DD and you either need to chill or medicate. It sux, but that's life.

My '07 ws delivered with rear bumper damage. They did a decent job fixing it but I still knew and it bugged me for a long time. After awhile you realize you should pick you battles. You may want to try another dealer though. If they think they can win your business by fixing a few minor things including the rear clunk, even if it IS aftermarket related, they'll do it. My dealer fixed the rattle in my aftermarket exhaust, no questions asked.
Thanks Nuke. I appreciate it, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

To be honest, the only thing I'm really mad about is the underside of the bumper and its only about 1/3 the size of a penny. Thanks for lifting my spirits, I needed it.