Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Being in New York, don't do the Paxton. Take the temperature warning seriously. I see your other option was an M90. Even though I have the M90 I wouldn't recommend that for you because of the price currently on it of 4999.00. For about 700.00 more you can get the Roush R2300 TVS blower. Runs cooler, plus you can grow with that blower if you ever decided to forge your engine for more power. With the M90, you can't do that. The only reason I bought the M90 for myself last year is because Roush was closing out the chrome units and I was able to buy mine shipped to my door for only 3460.00!!! It was literally a steal so I bought it. I sure wouldn't have spent 2+ grand more for a TVS. But your so close with Roush's current pricing on the M90 of 4999.00 that I would honestly get the TVS. Saleens are great blowers as well for about the same price as a TVS. But, if your doing the install yourself I can personally vouch for Roush. It's a fairly easy install, easy to follow directions and everything is packaged in little kits so your not pulling your hair out just digging through a giant box of parts and bolts.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Sorry guys havent been on the forum since I originally posted this. I just effing realized the prices on the m90's arent $4300 (2010 kit) like they were back in december =/. I am taking the advice on here and going to try and stay away from a centri but I doubt I will be able to get the m90 now that its close to $5k. Reason I was looking at the centris is because brennspeed has the non-intercooled kits running for $3800 which is the reason I was going to consider one of those and just add the intercooler later on with my own money.

I am probably just going to ask for money for graduation and add it to my supercharger fund. Kinda bums me out cause now that you guys posted it, I realized the m90 for the 2010 isnt going for $4300 anymore =/.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Sorry guys havent been on the forum since I originally posted this. I just effing realized the prices on the m90's arent $4300 (2010 kit) like they were back in december =/. I am taking the advice on here and going to try and stay away from a centri but I doubt I will be able to get the m90 now that its close to $5k. Reason I was looking at the centris is because brennspeed has the non-intercooled kits running for $3800 which is the reason I was going to consider one of those and just add the intercooler later on with my own money.

I am probably just going to ask for money for graduation and add it to my supercharger fund. Kinda bums me out cause now that you guys posted it, I realized the m90 for the 2010 isnt going for $4300 anymore =/.
You could check out prices on a procharger unit. I'm not sure if they do a non IC version but when I emailed them about the temperature problems the paxton/vortech units have, they said the procharger doesn't have that.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Save ur money and get a twinscrew.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

There is plenty of people that drive their vortechs daily, I know of one that drives his through winter michigans multiple times. As long as you let the motor/blower get a proper warm up it will be fine. Plus that issues was only with the V2 since it was receiving cold oil from the motor, the V3 is self contained therefor it does not have this "issue".

My .02!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:15 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Save your cash and buy the unit you really want.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
There is plenty of people that drive their vortechs daily, I know of one that drives his through winter michigans multiple times. As long as you let the motor/blower get a proper warm up it will be fine. Plus that issues was only with the V2 since it was receiving cold oil from the motor, the V3 is self contained therefor it does not have this "issue".

My .02!
lol did "Carlos" from Vortech say that on Mustang Collective.com about the V3 vs V2?

If so, I believe he no longer works there. They are no longer advising that and it's outdated information about it being okay for the V3. I chatted with Vortech/Paxton in depth about the subject lulz

Honestly OP, it really all depends on what you want from your GT.

Big numbers, instant torque, or just more power around town?

You may be paying $5k for the M90, but you're also paying for the engineering and reliability that Roush provides. I have seen some hideous renditions of the M90 for other vehicles lol. I believe Roush did the best job on it for our cars.

Sure, you could get a larger blower and be very happy with it. But be prepared to spend about $6-7k for everything, not including install

The good thing about larger TS/TVS SC's is that they run cooler and make a fatter torque curve than the smaller ones...
Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
streetyme
2nd Gear Member

The Magnacharger is Not a a bad choice for a stock block setup... Be careful though once you start spending on the hobby, starts to become a slippery hill that alot of us slide down.. Either way good luck wth your choice..
Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol did "Carlos" from Vortech say that on Mustang Collective.com about the V3 vs V2?

If so, I believe he no longer works there. They are no longer advising that and it's outdated information about it being okay for the V3. I chatted with Vortech/Paxton in depth about the subject lulz

Honestly OP, it really all depends on what you want from your GT.

Big numbers, instant torque, or just more power around town?

You may be paying $5k for the M90, but you're also paying for the engineering and reliability that Roush provides. I have seen some hideous renditions of the M90 for other vehicles lol. I believe Roush did the best job on it for our cars.

Sure, you could get a larger blower and be very happy with it. But be prepared to spend about $6-7k for everything, not including install

The good thing about larger TS/TVS SC's is that they run cooler and make a fatter torque curve than the smaller ones...
Lol no, I did some research previously not just Mustang related. boss 245 on the collective drives his in the ice. Also the 2 guys that had the blower before me drove it through some winters, so.....? Whose actually had their Vortech fail rather then hear say?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I still wouldn't drive mine personally during the winter, not worth the possible failure of the supercharger heat unit

Quick Reply: Supercharger Help