Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 mach 1 CJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 02:38 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05 mach 1 CJ

ORIGINAL: wcracer

I'm with 05 Mach1, I don't want a Mustang that anyone else can go out and buy. My 05 draws a crowd everywhere I go with it.
I have fun building custom cars and the new Mustang is no different.

I also had a 1969 Mach 1 in high school and I still have it.

You can see some of my other cars here halemotorsports

Randy
Hale Motorsports

[IMG]local://upfiles/12576/2B33F9E32C3C4DF69260A981AA7A1601.jpg[/IMG]
Now that is a sweet car too!!!!

Very rarely do I see a car that can pull off having black wheels..... that is awesome!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 AM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

I'm with 05 Mach1, I don't want a Mustang that anyone else can go out and buy. My 05 draws a crowd everywhere I go with it.
I have fun building custom cars and the new Mustang is no different.

I also had a 1969 Mach 1 in high school and I still have it.

You can see some of my other cars here halemotorsports

Randy
Hale Motorsports

[IMG]local://upfiles/12576/2B33F9E32C3C4DF69260A981AA7A1601.jpg[/IMG]
Looks really sweet, except I don't like the "Boss 302" on it, since it isn't one. Not a huge fan of the high wing, but the paint job is badazz and I like the stripes.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM
wcracer
1st Gear Member

I went with the high wing to match my Speed World Challenge Mustang. I am also tring to get one of the grand am cup 5.0 engines to put into the 05. That would make it a "real" Boss 302.

I am building a new 05 body SWC car this winter that will run a 5.0 cammer.

Randy
Hale Motorsports
Old 09-08-2005, 11:31 PM
05 mach 1

Thanks for the pick of your car Randy it looks awesome ! can not tell from the pic what emblems or decals are on the side of the car?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
wcracer
1st Gear Member

I used a NOS 1970 boss 302 kit.

Randy
Old 09-10-2005, 03:27 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tsteffes

ORIGINAL: delurker
I've got to agree with Mike here. Car looks great, but the "Mach 1" emblems are like "Type R" on a Civic Si. It isn't a Mach 1.
JMHO... It's ok to put the Mach 1 on there because there is no such thing. Now if he had put GT on there, and it's a V6, that would be wrong because a GT really exists. That would make him look like a poser.

I think it looks amazing. Nice job 05 mach 1. Very nice!
I agree 100% with this- and I think the car makes a very respectable looking mach1 at that! Ford ought to offer this exactly as youve done it- it just looks 'right'.

IMHO, purists might call it a 'mock1', but theres guys that would buy the original air for the tires if they could...I really dont think this car is disrespectful to the originals in any way shape or form- If I recall, wasnt the base engine for a 69 mach1 a 351-2v automatic, only with options up to the 428-4v stick? A lot (most) of the original mach1 package was cosmetic...and it looked 'right'. I put mach interior/wing/slats on my 69, and aint ashamed- if it 'looks right', just do it. only thing I'd say is dont try to pass it off as something its not- anyone asks about the 'mach1' pics on my toolbox at work, I tell them- "no it was a plainjane fastback with hubcaps I got from the original owner- she got it for graduation..." and someday its getting a 429 in it. while it may say 429 on the side, dont worry- it wont say 'boss' above it- that would be disrespectful

one thing I hope not to see soon is a lowered v6 mustang with 20" rims, clear taillamps, and a 5" howling muffler. thats the only problem with 'looks good'- highly subjective...to each his own, but I hate the things some people do to otherwise nice cars...
Old 09-11-2005, 12:05 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

nice car. machs rule
heres what my 03 mach looks like
http://www.mach1registry.org/photopo...cat=501&page=3

bad pic though
Old 09-12-2005, 12:27 AM
05 mach 1

Thank you for the word "respectable " I tried real hard to finish this car as close to a 69 mach 1 as I could ( there were some limitations , I had to deal with the 05's small side window ) so we used louvers ( like a 66) again we did the best we could to be " respectable " of the original . My son and I took it to our fist car show this weekend and I have to say it did draw a crowd ! thanks again for all the great comments from this fourm ! We still are working on the car ( planning to put an original hood tachometer on the car soon ) will provide more pics if anyone was to see that . One more thing if any of you are sometimes missing 3rd gear ( in the heat of the moment ) go for the Hurst shifter. You will never miss it again and you might just get a third gear chirp !!!!!

05 mach 1
Old 09-12-2005, 12:56 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I used a NOS 1970 boss 302 kit.

Randy
I wonder if in these days of government overregulation of some things if they could still offer reflective tape stripes- always though that was cool. Wouldnt be suprised though if DOT says 'no' though- even though they allow those chintzy chrome bullet headlamps with about a zillion candlepower to blind every oncoming car within a mile...I'm still thinking about getting some of the black reflective tape(yes 3m still makes it) and getting it cut into something subtle for mine- I kinda like the black rockers on the v6 models as it 'makes the car look lower' to me, instead of painting mine might put black reflective on- then it acts as rockguard too
Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

Thank you for the word "respectable " I tried real hard to finish this car as close to a 69 mach 1 as I could ( there were some limitations , I had to deal with the 05's small side window ) so we used louvers ( like a 66) again we did the best we could to be " respectable " of the original . My son and I took it to our fist car show this weekend and I have to say it did draw a crowd ! thanks again for all the great comments from this fourm ! We still are working on the car ( planning to put an original hood tachometer on the car soon ) will provide more pics if anyone was to see that . One more thing if any of you are sometimes missing 3rd gear ( in the heat of the moment ) go for the Hurst shifter. You will never miss it again and you might just get a third gear chirp !!!!!

05 mach 1
I still hope to fill my windows- 'first sight' impression I got of the first GT I could look over was 'WOW', but a few things ~kinda~ thought might be workable:

1- the top of the wheelwell is crimped like a doorskin- maybe better than the old style, but I dunno- plan on pulling interior as needed, using POR-15 tank sealer up inside mine before it ever gets wet first time...I fear rust there would be impossible to detect until its too late. Some rollon truck bed undercoating on underside of same lip should be decent preventive medicine too- one stone chip on that lip allows water in, and it might not be a good thing. I hate rust more than anything, and always have(take a look at this mess I got into:
http://www.hometown.aol.com/ford4v429/gal1.html ). I hate rust and tend to keep cars forever...so my GT is gonna be painted with POR-15 underneath ASAP, and hope to keep it touched up.
2- the grille I think would look better if simply black powdercoated expanded metal...to me the thicker plastic looked well, kinda cheep for lack of better word- please dont take offense! just think exp steel would be right at home there.
3- I REALLY dont care for the quarter windows...but I'm partial to 69's big sweeping sail panels with emblem right where the glass is. As soon as (better say 'if' here- Im married with three kids) funds available, 100% without a doubt intend on filling mine. But if wifey ever sees me welding on my new car, well- hope the ambulance gets there in time to rescue me

When I went to look at the GT, I expected to be able to really pick it apart, but son of a gun, I think its the best built mustang ever for sure, and the look is instantly/even at a distance- 'Mustang'. I still love the look of the 69, but gotta admit the 05 looks nothing like a falcon that gained 1000 pounds underneath- the 69- well, um... like I said I love the way it looks though. The 05 looks plenty strong.

Like I said I can uually nit-pick things apart pretty bad, but Ford really outdid anything I'd have ever dreamed of. The little things above are more personal taste/rust paranoia things than legitimate gripes...

havent gotten mine yet (BUT GOT VIN'D FRIDAY!!!- cannot wait!) but you are the second guy to mention the narrow gate to third...might need to look into that- regarding this- does the 5 speed have external linkages, or is it just a gated handle that drops in from above? never got that far under one to see (yet). Whats a ballpark street price too? Maybe after the windows/roof paint...

Quick Reply: 05 mach 1 CJ