Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Skizzors
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: Ford Mustang GT500
Default Looking for opinions/insight

Currently I own a 08 GT and I haven't done any upgrades in a year or so. I'm ready for more power and am weighing my options on what to do and would like some input from the MF community. My two options right now are to SC my car or sell my car and buy a well priced 07-09 GT500.

My car specs:
4.10 gears
CAI/Diablo Tuner
Borla X pipe/Stingers
61,000 miles
stock wheels

I was a little worried that I might have too many miles on the engine to SC at it's current stage without having to pour a bunch more money into it. I'm looking at the Roush R2300 or Whipple to get it to around 450 HP.

The GT500 strikes me as a good buy assuming I can find a good price on it due to it already being SC, suspension upgraded, will have lower mileage, engine is built for the power it produces, and eventual resale value. I feel like the value would hold up better due to the Shelby name instead of dumping a bunch of money into a modded GT.

So... Opinions or insight?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by Skizzors; 07-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Skizzors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

Those are two good plans. But I would say that your miles are fine if you have done good maintenance. Oil changes etc... The stock block should handle 450 just fine. there are guy running the limits and are holding up fine. Its about your tune man. I've seen shelby's on a dyno run blow so I guess just make sure the performance shop u choose knows what they are doing
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:12 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement