Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People these days!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Slap da bitch. Honestly. Ridiculous. I spat on someone for dinging my door yesterday, even though my car is not exactly looking it's best right now.
If it would have been a guy I would have been all up on him...

Heck, I wouldn't even care if I already had a long scratch on my car, it still is your car and even though it mind blend in and the person doesn't care I do. That is just one more dent/scratch that has to be fixed.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:05 PM
humansieve
1st Gear Member

My daughter (at the time a new driver) hit a crap box in a mall parking lot and at the coaxing of her friends took off. She called me to tell me of the damage to the Pony I bought her and I mentored her and made her go back to leave a note on the other car, but the car was gone. At least I taught her right from wrong and she learned a lesson about respect for other people property and not to let her friends tell her what to do. The lesson stuck and she is very respective about other peoples cars and property as well as her own car. She pays for all her repairs.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:10 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by humansieve
My daughter (at the time a new driver) hit a crap box in a mall parking lot and at the coaxing of her friends took off. She called me to tell me of the damage to the Pony I bought her and I mentored her and made her go back to leave a note on the other car, but the car was gone. At least I taught her right from wrong and she learned a lesson about respect for other people property and not to let her friends tell her what to do. The lesson stuck and she is very respective about other peoples cars and property as well as her own car. She pays for all her repairs.
Nice, good lesson...no matter crap or not still leave a note. That was good of you and her.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Wow, just wow! That lady is effing crazy! Lets her son ram a cart into your car and tells you you're crazy? I would've verbally abused the chit out of her in front of her son.

Confronting a guy though would escalate to something different entirely because I normally carry a knife and a Glock 19.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 PM
JimC

My wife just had something similar yesterday. Woman was loading groceries in her car and gave the cart a small push right next to my wife's car. The cart corral of course was "all the way across the lane" i.e. about 10 steps away.

My wife was walking to her car giving the woman the stare down and thinking "you are not going to just leave that there are you". She said the woman hesitated, started to get in her car, and then must have decided "this bitch will ream me if I leave that cart there, it must be her car" and got out and moved it across to the cart corral.

My wife said it also was a case where the walk was a good idea for the woman - she should be getting exercise whenever she can LOL
Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
... I make sure I drop the girl off at the door and park in the last spot way in the back that is in the corner where my car is only able to be parked next to with their passenger door by me. ...
Oooo.. major pet peeve of mine... There's only ONE door ding in my Stang, and it was there when I bought it...

I too do this exact thing. I'm old school and open every door for my beautiful wife of 29 years... I pull up front, get out, open her door, and then go to the BACK of the lot, usually pull up to a curb and hug it... to where their passenger door would be the closest.. exactly the same...

Someone pull next to me and ding it, their car would be on fire when I left the lot...
Old 09-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Then you get the one idiot who thinks "Oh, there is a nice car lets park RIGHT beside it".
Even worse, let's park so close to it he can't open his driver's side door. RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!

I came out to my car the other day. Flippin' hand prints all over my door. WTF?!

Ugh...I won't get started.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Just got done arguing with a lady in the middle of a parking lot after she lets her son ram a basket into a car. All caught on video camera but yet she still says "My son didn't do that, you're crazy". Ughhh people that don't respect other people's property! The cop finds out that the lady who owns the car didn't really care... she says, "I work here, I get baskets into my car all the time, it doesn't matter" I mean really? A car you pay thousands of dollars for and you don't care? If people don't care about their own property then what is going to make people care about anything?

My mustang got hit back a few months ago with a nice big dent in the passenger door. Only if someone like me would have been around and would have said something it wouldn't had costed me 200.00 for someone else's ignorance.

----How would you feel if someone hit your car?!? Would you let them off the hook and say what this lady said? I know I wouldn't!
Wow, that's ridiculous the mother reacted that way.

But parking in two spots is almost as ridiculous, especially if its in a smaller parking lot. Fate does not care if you try to take two spots so 'people cant park as close', **** will happen anyway.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

^ Agreed, taking up two spots just calls attention to your car.
Then dick heads will for sure mess with your car.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Everytime I wash my car I notice a new door ding it seems like. And that's even after parking in the middle of no mans land

I haven't caught anyone doing it, but when that day comes, 2 eyes for an eye

I feel your pain OP

Quick Reply: People these days!