Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, it happened. Freakin car got keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Your original comment makes it sound like you are blaming being at Applebee's as opposed to any other establishment. Idiots are everywhere....

Because it goes so low on the door, it almost looks like some little kid stood there playing with parents keys while they talked....not paying attention.

If you want it not to bother you any more.....just get it fixed at a shop and move on.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I think the best thing you can do for now is get it fixed and move on. Bastards got away, but hopefullly they try it again on someone else's car, get caught, and get F'ed up..... Good luck ;0)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Your original comment makes it sound like you are blaming being at Applebee's as opposed to any other establishment. Idiots are everywhere....

Because it goes so low on the door, it almost looks like some little kid stood there playing with parents keys while they talked....not paying attention.

If you want it not to bother you any more.....just get it fixed at a shop and move on.
lol I think it's just cause I didn't wanna go there anyway that night...but my friends were set on going there so I just was a good sport and went. Nothing to do with the place itself. And yeah it's not like I would have known.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I bet a lot of it is they are so jealous they can't afford a car like ours, so somehow doing that makes them feel better. I'm always worried about crap like this when I park anywhere. That and door dings.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Mustangarrett

I always try to find the nicest car in the lot and park next to it. I figure they also value their nice car and are more likely to be cautious of swapping paint.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Jealous ****. At least your car is black and not silver or some other color that you'll have to worry about having it blend in perfectly. I hate these threads. Sorry man.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:03 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

They think that by damaging your car it makes their POS look better. haha, don't ask me how that makes sense. Even with that scratch in the car, it still looks better than theirs.

I have personally caught someone door dinging and sideswiping a car before. I not only made sure they left contact info, but I copied their license plate down and name and left my contact after the bad guys left, just in case. In one instance, the owner called me because the info left by the bad guy was not valid. We tracked them down from my info and apparently their insurance had expired the day before. I hope the guy is in jail.

Actually, I hate Applebees too. I have gone there 3 times and 3 times have had the worse service possible. All at different locations. I love some of their food, but never again.

When I park at Walmart, I park in the last section possible. It may suck to walk, especially in snow, but people are are stupid and don't know how to drive, or stop. Plus I think it is less likely for people to walk by and decide to do damage. Or get out of their car, do damage and drive off again. If at a restaurant, I try to park in range of windows.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Ironically, I was in range of the windows. Problem was... The blinds were closed that night. Gr.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
SoCalGT08

that absolutely sucks.....this is why I'm not "people person"......awesome car...get it professionaly fixed
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

This just harkens back to people just can't leave other people's things alone. As most of you know, some bastard poured brake fluid on my car a month ago, (had it a week at the time). It isn't a hard concept to grasp; "If it isn't yours, DO NOT touch it!" My 3 year old is a professional at NOT touching things that aren't hers....unless she is told it's OK. We'll be at the Disney Store letting her shop, "Daddy, can I hold that?" "Yes. Here."

Quick Reply: Well, it happened. Freakin car got keyed!