Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Fiber hood fit like a glove.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Gonna look awesome! I like your Razzi sideskirts. Did you do the install yourself or did a bodyshop do it? Did they fit perfect without any modifications?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE

JK, congrats! Can't wait to see it, how is it going with the rest of you planned upgrades?
I had every intension of snapping a pic of the hood on the car but I actually helped the guys at the shop install it and kinda got caught up in the moment forgot intirely until my oem hood was back on, oh well. Planned upgrades? sence you asked as I mentioned new Trufiber cobra roadster hood it looks exactly like what I have now only the Roush sized scoop is a funtioning ram air. New Roush front fascia and Roush chin spoiler, Scott Drake Billet hood pins, AM black Retro 9 bar billet grille and having white 9" Shelby stripes painted on bumper to bumper. Thats all I can afford for the time being. Future mods that I plan on getting when I get cash include CAI Tuner combo, Staggered 18 or 19 in chrome bullits standard in the front and Deep dish in the rear and and a set of Powered by Ford fender emblems. I would also like a CS/Shelby Gt Rear bumper someday.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Gonna look awesome! I like your Razzi sideskirts. Did you do the install yourself or did a bodyshop do it? Did they fit perfect without any modifications?
I bought the car with them on it allready I had them off this summer to detail my car they just bolt right on to the fender wells and a little two sided tape on both sides of the doors. It would be super easy to install But I dunno if they sell them prepainted.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
I bought the car with them on it allready I had them off this summer to detail my car they just bolt right on to the fender wells and a little two sided tape on both sides of the doors. It would be super easy to install But I dunno if they sell them prepainted.
Thanks. I bought some side skirts from Extreme Dimensions, they are the "Racer" version and they absolutely suck. They weren't formed very well and would take some bodywork just to get them to fit. I'm going to give Razzi a call and see if they will just sell the side skirts. Most of their dealers only sell the Razzi kit and not just the skirts. They look great on your car.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:58 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Thanks. I bought some side skirts from Extreme Dimensions, they are the "Racer" version and they absolutely suck. They weren't formed very well and would take some bodywork just to get them to fit. I'm going to give Razzi a call and see if they will just sell the side skirts. Most of their dealers only sell the Razzi kit and not just the skirts. They look great on your car.
Thanks for the compliment I like them too lot of guys say they are to bulky but everone has opinions here is a link of them if you are interested
http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1249
Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

I have a lot of mods in the works over the next month or so so I figure instead of everytime I get something small done instead of posting a new thread I should just put it all here on this one.
Update when I had my hood test fitted the guys at the shop said that before they painted it they should drill the holes for the hoodpins but they didnt have time to install the mounts that day so it became my project did it last night wasnt hard at all now when I take Roxanne in all they should have to do is screw in the bolts dab a little grease on them to get the places to drill through the hood right? chime in anyone who has sucsessfully installed hoodpins thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Congrats! Look forward too seeing pics!
+1^^

...also glad to hear that everything is coming together so nicely for you
Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

(UPDATE) I took my car to the shop today to have the hoodpin holes drilled into my new hood you can see the damage to my old air dam now that the holes are drilled paint can start on my new trufiber hood and Roush bumper and spoiler. I post more pics as the car progresses.