Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whelp. Crashed my car. Again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
would be ludicrous speed. Gone to plaid...
bwuaha.....we've been....jammed...

back to topic, damn dude, goodluck fixing the car and getting your life back on track.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by D'prived
I can. I've never crashed any car I've owned doing stupid stuff or not.
Same here and I'm only 20. Out of my friends I am the only one to have not been pulled over, gotten a ticket, or gotten in a wreck.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
Same here and I'm only 20. Out of my friends I am the only one to have not been pulled over, gotten a ticket, or gotten in a wreck.
Ditto, to a tee.

I'm also 20 and have a spotless driving record. Not everybody has been reckless, even if we do own mustangs.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:26 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Alright, I am really surprised this thread got so many views, so let me clarify some things...............
im gonna be brutally honest. your young and clearly have a lack of driving experience. thats fine we all start somewhere.

but when you have an inexperienced driver attempting to push the limits of the vehicle hes driving what do you thinks going to happen?

oh you've done it before with no problems you say? but guess what......that inexperience leads to that ONE mistake thats costs you your car or your life.

in the past few months you've had two at fault accidents and even admit to your mistakes. clearly the first one taught you nothing. hopefully the second one will.

i lost a classmate back when i was in highschool. he made a similar mistake of driving tired. dozing he drifted into the oncoming lane and hit an 18 wheeler head on. killed instantly.

but what really gets me.......is the whole sob story about how much its going to affect your life......about saving for a motorcycle....

wait! what? a motorcycle? you haven't shown that you can responsibly handle a 4 wheeled vehicle and you want to ride around on a motorcycle?

thats insane.

im sorry but i call it like i see it. i know it sucks to have to deal with all this crap and some of our comments may hurt. learning the hard way always sucks. but theres only one person to blame for this....
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Glad to hear you are ok OP and no-one (except your pride and confidence) got hurt.

At least you've learned, there is always something you don't account for that fug up your day

That being said. We have ALL done something stupid at one time or another. Maybe not with our cars but with relationships, money, jobs, etc. NO ONE is perfect and no one uses Common Sense/Book Smarts/Street Smarts/Wisdom 100% of the time.

In this case you lacked Wisdom (decision based on experience (and book smarts perhaps) and perhaps some street smarts (again lack of experience). Anyways, Lesson learned, move on.

Now if you do it again, That is just plain Stupid and should be condemened with full retribution from the Mustang Community
Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Sell the car in its' destroyed case and buy a junker..
that way you don't have to pay for parts to get it fixed, miss school, work, friends, etc.

Honestly it is the best possible solution for the situation you are in.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Wait, just read the title again and the entire OP...

This is the Second time this happened?? That changes everything...

Buy a civic or some other vehicle.. stop raising everyone elses insurance for stupid decisions... >:I
Old 03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
that way you don't have to pay for parts to get it fixed, miss school, work, friends, etc.

But he has a junker already... now.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput

I forgot to add a smiley to my last post.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

MustangFirstCar;

I feel for you here, stuff happens. With age comes experience and wisdom; you just need to make sure that you learn from the mistakes you make along the way.

Things may seem bad to you right now but it could have been worse (and I believe you know that) cars can be replaced, it may take some time in your situation but thats the way it goes.

Glad you are ok, keep your head up and good luck as you work through this.

Quick Reply: Whelp. Crashed my car. Again.