Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my car might be TOTALED

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Damn! You just put the control arms on there too! Your panhard bar must be F'd up and no doubt the torque box are tweaked

It looks like it broke or bent the lca on the passenger side or it's shoved into the body.

As an avid motorcycle rider, my biggest pet peeve is people that don't come to a complete stop at stop signs. This guy wasn't paying any attention at all.

Try to get some pictures from underneath.
I will try to go up to the shop and get some underneath pictures. I Think both LCA are fine, It actually ripped the mounts for the LCA off of the axel. put over 1000$ in the past two months and now this... The pan hard bad looks similar to a broken twig.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I am sorry for the loss. It was a great looking car. I too would love to see the underside or the rear to see what the full damage done is. Good luck finding a new one if this one is totalled.

Matthew
It took me 4 months to find this one, I guess it looks like I will be borrowing my dad's beater again. After owning this mustang, I know I either want this one back (I want this the most) or I will be in the market for another 05+ GT
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Sucks to see that! Hope everything goes in your favor.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by krazykevin
I will try to go up to the shop and get some underneath pictures. I Think both LCA are fine, It actually ripped the mounts for the LCA off of the axel. put over 1000$ in the past two months and now this... The pan hard bad looks similar to a broken twig.
I didn't even think about the mounts on the axle breaking, but that's possible. I'm just curious to see how the extreme joints held up to such a violent side impact.

If they will fix it, I'd demand a new rear axle. You can get the entire boss 8.8 from frpp for $1400.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I didn't even think about the mounts on the axle breaking, but that's possible. I'm just curious to see how the extreme joints held up to such a violent side impact.

If they will fix it, I'd demand a new rear axle. You can get the entire boss 8.8 from frpp for $1400.
When i looked under it, the LCAs really looked fine. The extream joints looked to be in the right place and not broken. I took it to a shop that is Known for really good work (kinda expensive but worth fixing it right), and the other guy is paying. I want this car back, but I only want it if it is fixed better than it was before the accadent. I will keep everyone posted as I have more information.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

IF they decide to fix it, before you accept that you need to also get them to accept a Dimished value settlement/payout.

Dimished value payout is where the insurance company not only fixes your car to pre accident state, but they also cut you an additional check for the loss in value of the car if you were to sell it the next day, because of the accident. Depending on the amount and type of damage, this can be a couple hundered bucks or way more.

If they don't agree to it, get your insurance involved to talk some sense into them. Do not try to convince the other insurance company without help from yours if they start to fight you on it.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
IF they decide to fix it, before you accept that you need to also get them to accept a Dimished value settlement/payout.

Dimished value payout is where the insurance company not only fixes your car to pre accident state, but they also cut you an additional check for the loss in value of the car if you were to sell it the next day, because of the accident. Depending on the amount and type of damage, this can be a couple hundered bucks or way more.

If they don't agree to it, get your insurance involved to talk some sense into them. Do not try to convince the other insurance company without help from yours if they start to fight you on it.
I discussed this with my agent when I talked to them and they said they would work it out with the other guy's insurance. Thanks for pointing that out though !
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Oh damn that is horrible to see, glad you and the stop sign running dummy were not hurt.

Hopefully it can be fixed, keep us up dated.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

When i looked under it, the LCAs really looked fine. The extream joints looked to be in the right place and not broken. I took it to a shop that is Known for really good work (kinda expensive but worth fixing it right), and the other guy is paying. I want this car back, but I only want it if it is fixed better than it was before the accadent. I will keep everyone posted as I have more information.
sorry to see. which shop is doing the work?
Old 04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I discussed this with my agent when I talked to them and they said they would work it out with the other guy's insurance. Thanks for pointing that out though !
No problemo, glad to hear your agent is already on it.

A lot of people don't realize this is a sort of unwritten item that many insurance companies do provide. It just usually needs to be asked for.

Quick Reply: my car might be TOTALED