Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Electric power seat not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

You might consider pulling the seat and inspecting the lumbar system in case something is binding or stuck. Could be an easy repair.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 AM
RandomHero82

Originally Posted by edwin108
Check the large plug/harness under the seat, it may not be connected securely. Don't unplug the yellow one if your car has one, that's for the side airbag.
Ah ok, thanks man.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:01 PM
NW 'Stang

Default Seat Moves Up/Down, not Forward/Back

Hi,

Not sure if I should start a new thread on this, but I too am experiencing problems with the drivers side power seat. The fuse is fine, and the seat will tilt back and forward. It will not move up and back. I assume the motor controlling that function is fried. Anyone have a similar experience and/or schemat of which motor needs to be replaced and its location?

Thanks much!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:50 PM
b_don27

Default same

i have the same problem my power seat will move in all directions except backward and wont let me gear right.
what fuse would it might be for the seat or mottor??
Old 05-21-2017, 07:17 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

My driver's power seat lumbar support broke and it costs more to repair than buying a pair of new aftermarket seats, so that's what I did. Honestly it did me a favor by dying, now I don't need to brace myself at the track, the new seats have very good side bolstering.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Roger A Jimenez

Default New seats for auto-x

flash_xx, It sounds like you found some good replacement seats for your mustang. What kind did you get? Thanks. Roger
Old 03-06-2020, 03:29 PM
Jose Ruben Rodriguez-Rios

Default Electric seat move up/down and back but not forward

]Hi,

Not sure if I should start a new thread on this, but I too am experiencing problems with the drivers side power seat. The fuse is fine, and the seat will tilt back, up and down. It will not foward. I assume the motor controlling that function is fried. Anyone have a similar experience and/or schemat of which motor needs to be replaced and its location?

Thanks much
Old 07-15-2023, 04:01 AM
CaptainComet

The power driver seat track in my wife's 07 Mustang was starting to bind and slow down when moving it forward and backward. I took the seat out and looked at it. There is some plastic bits from the upholstery (parts that help locate it and were hog-ringed to the frame IIRC). This plastic is crumbling with age and bits are getting into the seat track, making it bind. The seat is also racking sideways because it was affecting one track more than the other. I took the blocks that ride on the threaded portion of the track and reset them parallel to each other. This worked for about a year, but I am now back to having issues again.

It looks like I need to go through the seat again, or simply switch to a manual driver seat. Hope this helps someone else fighting this.
Old 07-23-2023, 01:27 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by CaptainComet
The power driver seat track in my wife's 07 Mustang was starting to bind and slow down when moving it forward and backward. I took the seat out and looked at it. There is some plastic bits from the upholstery (parts that help locate it and were hog-ringed to the frame IIRC). This plastic is crumbling with age and bits are getting into the seat track, making it bind. The seat is also racking sideways because it was affecting one track more than the other. I took the blocks that ride on the threaded portion of the track and reset them parallel to each other. This worked for about a year, but I am now back to having issues again.

It looks like I need to go through the seat again, or simply switch to a manual driver seat. Hope this helps someone else fighting this.
Ford makes a kit now to replace the shaft and stripped gear in the seats. For the 05-09 mustangs.
Ford part number: ER3Z78617D66A