Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration


Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
kennyw

 
kennyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 28
Default 2013 Auto Transmission Shift Cable

Friday night I picked up my 2013 Mustang with 25K miles from the dealer after replacing a faulty wiper motor and leaking axle pinion seal under warranty. Half way home I stopped to take care of my horses and lost the automatic transmission shift cable. It popped off of the side of the shifter. Since I was close to home and it is still under warranty I just had it towed back to the dealership.

The cable popped back on and they couldn't get it to come loose again, but they ordered a replacement cable anyway to be safe. They are currently back ordered for 6 weeks though. I can't wait for the warranty to be up so I don't feel like I need to send it to the dealer to save money... it certainly doesn't save me any time.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
kennyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Andy13186
4th Gear Member
 
Andy13186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,702
Default

I love getting things fixed under warranty. So far ive had my seat motor, and a few bulbs.. had no interest in doing those myself or putting aftermarket on, was very thankful for the warranty.
__________________
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

 
DocSnickers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Default

Hey nice to see another Washington mustang. If your close to Sound Ford in Renton. They are really great dealership very quick to take care of their customers. That is if your around the Seattle area.
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
kennyw

 
kennyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 28
Default

I have yet to see another GHIG on the road... I live East of Monroe so Bickford is the most convenient one to go to. So far no issues with their service.



kennyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: Mustangs
Location: MI
Posts: 714
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyw View Post
Friday night I picked up my 2013 Mustang with 25K miles from the dealer after replacing a faulty wiper motor and leaking axle pinion seal under warranty. Half way home I stopped to take care of my horses and lost the automatic transmission shift cable. It popped off of the side of the shifter. Since I was close to home and it is still under warranty I just had it towed back to the dealership.

The cable popped back on and they couldn't get it to come loose again, but they ordered a replacement cable anyway to be safe. They are currently back ordered for 6 weeks though. I can't wait for the warranty to be up so I don't feel like I need to send it to the dealer to save money... it certainly doesn't save me any time.
Hello kennyw,

I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

 
DocSnickers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Default

I have not seen your car before but one of my other friends in Mustangs Northwest has seen your car before. I have only ran into 2 other GHIG mustangs another 5.0 which I run into at almost every car show and a V6 GHIG that I have seen once at Griots Garage in Tacoma. If your interested stop by one of the Mustang Northwest meetings sometime.

We meet the second Friday of every month at:
North Seattle Community College
9600 College Way North Seattle, WA 98103
www.mustangsnorthwest.com
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
kennyw

 
kennyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hello kennyw,

I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha, but my dealer has it covered. They ordered the part with a priority that gets it sent directly to the dealer from the manufacturer. My car made it over a year and 25K miles before it became an issue. I should be able to go a few more weeks without issue.

I was more frustrated with the car breaking down over a weekend and not being able to drive it for a few days.
kennyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
kennyw

 
kennyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSnickers View Post
We meet the second Friday of every month at:
North Seattle Community College
9600 College Way North Seattle, WA 98103
www.mustangsnorthwest.com
I will add that to my calendar. I am currently taking classes at the UW. So, I am down there anyway. What time do they meet?
kennyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: Mustangs
Location: MI
Posts: 714
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyw View Post
Thanks Deysha, but my dealer has it covered. They ordered the part with a priority that gets it sent directly to the dealer from the manufacturer. My car made it over a year and 25K miles before it became an issue. I should be able to go a few more weeks without issue.

I was more frustrated with the car breaking down over a weekend and not being able to drive it for a few days.
No problem, kennyw. Thank you for the update!

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

 
DocSnickers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang
Location: WA
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyw View Post
I will add that to my calendar. I am currently taking classes at the UW. So, I am down there anyway. What time do they meet?
Starts at 7:30pm but everyone normally shows up around 7 to talk shop before things get going.
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup