Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Sync version checker software

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Stang With No Name

Default Ford Sync version checker software

Hi all,

I feel like a bit of a consumer and not much of a producer on the forum right now, but I have another question if you all don't mind

I had the 09 Sync Kit installed in my 2014 V6 Base. Does anyone with a factory installed Sync have or would be able to obtain from the Ford Sync website the Sync version checker download file?

The Ford Sync site won't let me download it. From what I've read on these forums it's because my VIN is listed as not having Sync (factory) installed.

Last edited by Stang With No Name; 12-21-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: I didn't do the install. A friend did.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:36 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

You are new to the forum - it's not expected for you to be a producer from Day 1. Also, there are thousands of members here. I, for one, had no knowledge of any previous questions of yours, so don't worry about asking another question....that's what this forum is for!

Are you trying to see what version software you are running or are you trying to upgrade it?
Old 12-22-2014, 01:21 AM
berzerk_1980

Originally Posted by Stang With No Name
Hi all,

I feel like a bit of a consumer and not much of a producer on the forum right now, but I have another question if you all don't mind

I had the 09 Sync Kit installed in my 2014 V6 Base. Does anyone with a factory installed Sync have or would be able to obtain from the Ford Sync website the Sync version checker download file?

The Ford Sync site won't let me download it. From what I've read on these forums it's because my VIN is listed as not having Sync (factory) installed.
I'm not at my PC right now. I'll try to remember next time I'm on.

Perhaps you could enter a VIN for a vehicle that did have SYNC installed?

An easy way to find such a VIN is look for one for sale on any auto sales classified website or dealer website, etc.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Stang With No Name

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
You are new to the forum - it's not expected for you to be a producer from Day 1. Also, there are thousands of members here. I, for one, had no knowledge of any previous questions of yours, so don't worry about asking another question....that's what this forum is for!

Are you trying to see what version software you are running or are you trying to upgrade it?
I'm trying to upgrade it. After just installing the hardware I can make phone calls via the radio head unit and I can play music. However the HMI unit and voice commands don't work. From what I've read on the forum I need to flash the updated software to the Sync module. So I went to the Ford Sync website to try to get the software update, the first step of which appears to be getting the version checker.

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I'm not at my PC right now. I'll try to remember next time I'm on.

Perhaps you could enter a VIN for a vehicle that did have SYNC installed?

An easy way to find such a VIN is look for one for sale on any auto sales classified website or dealer website, etc.
A friend of mine suggested that, too. I'd like to avoid that if I could. I imagine it would cause some inconvenience to the next owner of the car if they decide to register the VIN under their own Ford Owner or Ford Sync account and try to update their Sync software. That's just a guess, though. I may be wrong in that assumption.

Last edited by Stang With No Name; 12-22-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Stang With No Name

Bump (I think I'm using that right).
Old 01-06-2015, 12:41 PM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

This is the version that is displayed as the latest update from March of last year in my owners account. I do have the Nav so not sure it makes a difference. I hope this may answer your question if not let me know. GEN1 4.2.1.T
Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Just had mine updated (this latest version was a dealer only deal) and the version shows as 4.2.1.4 on my sync history site. Maybe the "T" is for "touch" or nav systems that I don't have? I don't seem to be able to find a version checker download at my sync site however.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Stang With No Name

Originally Posted by dslpow3r
This is the version that is displayed as the latest update from March of last year in my owners account. I do have the Nav so not sure it makes a difference. I hope this may answer your question if not let me know. GEN1 4.2.1.T
Originally Posted by WJBertrand
Just had mine updated (this latest version was a dealer only deal) and the version shows as 4.2.1.4 on my sync history site. Maybe the "T" is for "touch" or nav systems that I don't have? I don't seem to be able to find a version checker download at my sync site however.
Much obliged folks but I still can't get the update. According to the dealership it's because my VIN isn't registered as having Sync and so I can't even download the version checker. Additionally the dealership said they can't (won't?) update the software on the Sync kit at the dealership for the same reason.

Last edited by Stang With No Name; 01-09-2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added "at the dealership"