Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am officially a wannabe mustang owner..Update, now I'm a real owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Default I am officially a wannabe mustang owner..Update, now I'm a real owner

That's right, I just ordered a Tungsten GT Premium 5sp w/ light graphite last monday. So hopefully between 8-12 weeks I will upgrade from wannabe to actual owner

I come from the Supra world. I own an 82 Supra turbo, an 88 Supra Turbo, a 95 Supra Turbo, and a 90 Celica all-trac (turbo awd), though the 88 will have to go to make room for the Stang. This will be my first Mustang, though not my first Ford, as I've owned a few V6 TBirds. Why the switch, you might ask? Well, I got a little tired of not having any low end torque LOL. I've always wanted a 69 Mustang, but figured for a similar price tag I'd get a new one, since I think they did a great job at the retro look. I guess I could have bought a cheaper 69, but it would have been a fixer-upper project and I have enough projects right now to keep me busy for years.

Anyways, thats a little about me. Hope to learn some good information here, as well as contribute when I can.

Christian
Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 PM
fso119
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I am officially a wannabe mustang owner

Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy your 'stang more so that a supra.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:29 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Put a turbo in the mustang that would be awesome!

Old 11-26-2005, 01:04 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Welcome future owner! You'll love the Stang and your Supras.
I love mine, as well as my '03 350Z.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:41 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you've got some nice cars there. You'll really enjoy the Mustang. The torque doesn't come in at a really low rpm like the old big blocks did but there's still a lot more of it in the Mustang GT than just about any import car (in this price range). I almost went insane waiting for mine but the wait is worth it. These cars are a blast to drive.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:22 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

I'm in the queue as well. There are a couple Tungsten GTs at the dealer near me. There is a 5-Speed with dark charcoal int and a automatic with the light graphite. The Frederick Motor Company -Joe
Old 01-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Well, after a 2 month wait (including 2 weeks of my car sitting at the railroad yard because they wouldn't unload it from the rail car), I finally got my Stang on Saturday. Here's a few pics I took. It's a bit dirty after a long romp through the backroads, but she still looks great

I must say I am very happy with it...except for one thing...that damn electronic throttle! I let go of the gas and it won't decelerate. It's worse than an automatic. If I'm in 3rd, let off the gas, and downshift to 2nd, it will decelerate some for a few seconds, then actually start to decelerate. But if I'm already in 2nd going the same speed, and let off the gas, it will not decelerate worth a crap. I need to pick up an xcal soon!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I am officially a wannabe mustang owner..Update, now I'm a real owner

Congrats!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:46 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I am officially a wannabe mustang owner..Update, now I'm a real owner

nice man congrats on the mustang... how about some pics of it along with ur supra\s and tell us what do u like more the supra or the mustang ?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

Congrats man ~ I am on the que as well. Signed Jan 9th and they say March. Now is the waiting game. I am preparing myself for a lateness if there is one but so much tension!

Quick Reply: I am officially a wannabe mustang owner..Update, now I'm a real owner