Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Got her striped not too long ago! [Pic Heavy, Before and After]

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Cool Got her striped not too long ago! [Pic Heavy, Before and After]

Hey all, Some before and after pics. Front bumper still needs some touching up/ replacing (the cut seems to be a bit off, no big deal).
Was done really nice within a day at a local signs up (Ontario, Canada) for a mere $350...
Comes w/ a 8 year warranty as well on peeling and fading. Was very happy when I saw it.

I'm curious to know what you guys think.
Feel free to post thoughts and opinions.

Thinking of getting the mirror wrapped as well, in the same red. Any thoughts opinions? If possible, can anyone Photoshop this in for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

I like the stripes (I will almost always like Le mans stripes), but I did notice the following:

0) The stripes aren't straight at the very front edge of the hood, and you can see how the gap on the hood is narrower than on the top of the front bumper.

1) On the back, the gap on the bumper cover looks narrower than what is on the deck lid.

2) The gap looks wider at the bottom of the bumper cover than at the top.

3) The gap on the deck lid looks wider at the bottom than at the top.

4) The gap on the back of the roof is noticeably narrower.

I would look into enforcing that warranty.

I would also add standard thin-thick-thin rocker stripes (like the 60's-era Shelby's had). It gives the car the illusion of being both shorter in height and longer in length.

Personal opinion regarding the rear light covers - replace those covers with tint. The covers look - ummmm - foreign.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

i like it, looks good, but i think you should change your side stripes to red now, I can see black on it now.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
I like the stripes (I will almost always like Le mans stripes), but I did notice the following:

0) The stripes aren't straight at the very front edge of the hood, and you can see how the gap on the hood is narrower than on the top of the front bumper.

1) On the back, the gap on the bumper cover looks narrower than what is on the deck lid.

I would also add standard thin-thick-thin rocker stripes (like the 60's-era Shelby's had). It gives the car the illusion of being both shorter in height and longer in length.

Personal opinion regarding the rear light covers - replace those covers with tint. The covers look - ummmm - foreign.
Those are some good eyes boy.

I like the look. You should match the horse emblem on the front of your car to red also.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
i like it, looks good, but i think you should change your side stripes to red now, I can see black on it now.
+1....red rocker stripes would bring it all together
Old 05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Is the AVATAR a tattooed ***?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx

i was going to say the same thing. that would drive me bat sh*t crazy. but for people who arent perfectionist, i love the color combo. overall nice job.

i think if i wanted something like that, i might just spring for the paint job. its gonna be a biatch to deal with that vinyl when it starts to come free on the edges or wear from the elements.