Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

3.73 or 4.10

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Bokeo
Thanks guys, I think you just helped me make my decision. 3.73 it is.
it also depends on what setting you will be driving in. If you are in a city environment, then i recommend the 4.10 because you will love the huge torque amounts and immediate power response. 4.10 are also amazing when you're sitting at a traffic light and wanting to race some euro trash import car. The gas consumption is not that bad either really. 3.73 is more fun on the open highway or roads or if you drive long distance a lot because it will be quieter, rpm will be lower hence saving a bit of gas, and you'll be able to maximize your top end power. At the end of the day, i live in the city and didn't have the cheese to drop on a blower, there fore i went the poor mans route and installed a 4.10 gear to trick myself into thinking i got more power. Remember, 4.10 doesn't produce new power, it just maximizes your torque better. I hope this helped
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

I'm still wondering if ill want to upgrade my car from 3.31 to 3.73 or 4.10 after i get it. Also hoping i can get it done by ford to keep the factory warranty. At least i can read this thread over and over to co sider my options. Ugh and i wanted to save my money. The more i hang out on this forum the more im tempted to go o. An upgrade shopping spree!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
I'm still wondering if ill want to upgrade my car from 3.31 to 3.73 or 4.10 after i get it. Also hoping i can get it done by ford to keep the factory warranty. At least i can read this thread over and over to co sider my options. Ugh and i wanted to save my money. The more i hang out on this forum the more im tempted to go o. An upgrade shopping spree!
I don't know if Ford will install the gears for you, I know they wont touch that sh-t around here. I found a speed shop near my house that installed them for me and i had no issues, I recommend using the Ford Racing brand because they are easier to work with, at least that is was what I was told the last 4 times i changed gears. I hear you on the spending spree, im spending it like there is no tomorrow too. The upgrades are limitless and it hard to have objectives. I compared to when you go out to eat with a bunch a friends and each one gets their plate of chow. Then you say "Oh i should have ordered what you ordered" and you forget about what you have. The same can be said about women lol. CAN I GET A WITNESS ? HAHAHA
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Manual or auto?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Im going for manual. And i hear u jamaman. Its bad for me with the mustang being my first own sports car and im in it. 3.5grand pc all customized for raw performance. You can see how i feel about cars lolol. Plus being 23 with the added budget offered by a new govt job. I really need to restrain myself lol
Old 01-12-2011, 04:28 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
Im going for manual. And i hear u jamaman. Its bad for me with the mustang being my first own sports car and im in it. 3.5grand pc all customized for raw performance. You can see how i feel about cars lolol. Plus being 23 with the added budget offered by a new govt job. I really need to restrain myself lol
Yes sir, if you have a government job, then you have "cash for life" because of the job security. You cant go wrong with this car. I owned over 30 cars and this is my fourth mustang because i like many things about it such as sound, inexpensive horsepower compared to imports, fun, and all them ladies that want to jump in when you got a nice ride with some nice shoes. Just make sure you try out a couple of different generations prior to committing to one. I noticed that you live in Quebec, if you live in Montreal, good luck with the potholes and the shi--y highways. I swear every time i go there, its like driving in a third world country with construction every where. But that city is the Mecca of you know what, which is why i keep coming back all the time lol hahahha !!!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Nop im two hours from montreal. Actually im 20 minutes from ottawa ontario . However yes i am on the quebec side but the roads in out area are better off. Its a much smaller city than montreal too so the roads take less abuse and we get a lot less drivers at all times. Ill be fine here with the stang
Old 01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

My steed was just dropped off this morning to get the 3.73's installed. I'll be picking her up tommorow and then loading my BAMA 91 performance SCT tuner... I am SO excited to see how she drives with those things.. I'll update you guys on my driving impressions this weekend.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

I just put on my race tune today with CAI for kicks, men it feels like a different car and the response is very very good compared to the factory sh--ty settings. Next week hopefully the big 4.10's come on and ill drift the sh-t out this car in the snow and ice lol !!!

Ps; I found a Ford Dealer in my town that would install the gears. Some said no and others said yes. The dealer that agreed to install them also said they would honor the power-train warranty and warranty the gear job. Their price was reasonable too. I mean they are still a bit more expensive that the local speed shop. But I rather pay the dealer a bit more and have the peace of mind.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
I just put on my race tune today with CAI for kicks, men it feels like a different car and the response is very very good compared to the factory sh--ty settings. Next week hopefully the big 4.10's come on and ill drift the sh-t out this car in the snow and ice lol !!!

Ps; I found a Ford Dealer in my town that would install the gears. Some said no and others said yes. The dealer that agreed to install them also said they would honor the power-train warranty and warranty the gear job. Their price was reasonable too. I mean they are still a bit more expensive that the local speed shop. But I rather pay the dealer a bit more and have the peace of mind.
Nice dealer. They didn't have a problem with you having to flash it with a tuner to account for the 4.10's?

Quick Reply: 3.73 or 4.10