Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Borla/Ford Racing Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
BAChatman

Default Borla/Ford Racing Comparison

Well the time has come for me to do some exhaust work. I think I'm going to start with some axle-backs and go from there. My ultimate goal is to give my exhaust note some more depth and muscle. Tone is my first concern, not volume. I'm not looking to wake the dead here. The sets I'm looking at right now are the Borla Touring and S Types and the Ford Racing Sport and Touring. I know how the Borlas compare to each other but I don't know about the Ford Racing. I also don't know how the two brands and models compare to each other in terms of volume. My original plan was the S Types but I'm worried that after other modifications they will be too loud for my taste. (Other modifications include, but are not limited to, bbk catted x pipe or similar product and some resonators) I'm really liking the sound of the FR Sport but I have the same concern there as well. I haven't found any good videos on the FR Touring so I don't know where they fall into place. The Borla Touring is alright. It does sound more full but I feel like the tone is too close to the stock tone. I'm going in circles here. Can anyone help me out?

Last edited by BAChatman; 07-11-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Both Mufflers are made by Borla, the tips are different is all.
The Magnaflow Streets are a pretty Mello Muffler, but are almost twice as loud with Long tubes and a Catted X-Pipe.
That is the only one I have heard before and after but it is a big difference.
And listening to the Borla Videos I still like the way the Touring sounds over the S type and Atak.