Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 3.7L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
GTC
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Premium GT
Default Ford dealer idled my car for over two hours?

So I take the '13 Premium in for two pieces of warranty work. Updating software in the stereo my Ford synch crap; and to replace the computer screen in between the tach and speedo.

Well they had reset the dash computer and of course that also reset the Trip A and Trip B screens. So while the trip odometers read zero miles, the engine run timer had logged over two stinking hours of engine run

No doubt at the end of those installations u need power to check out that everything is right, but do u need to run the engine while u do your work? Or was the technician just staying cool on a hot Alabama day on my gas nickel.?

Should I even care and write it up when the Woody Anderson Ford evaluation pops in on my email?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
potman
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT

Don't sweat the small stuff.....
Old 05-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTC View Post
So I take the '13 Premium in for two pieces of warranty work. Updating software in the stereo my Ford synch crap; and to replace the computer screen in between the tach and speedo.

Well they had reset the dash computer and of course that also reset the Trip A and Trip B screens. So while the trip odometers read zero miles, the engine run timer had logged over two stinking hours of engine run

No doubt at the end of those installations u need power to check out that everything is right, but do u need to run the engine while u do your work? Or was the technician just staying cool on a hot Alabama day on my gas nickel.?

Should I even care and write it up when the Woody Anderson Ford evaluation pops in on my email?
So what's your point? You spend more time idling in rush hour traffic or at red lights than that....

Have you ever tried to work on the inside of a car in hot weather without A/C? Better the technician remain cool so they can focus on updating your car correctly instead of sweating all over the place and being distracted and dealing with the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 V6 MCA Performance Package, Comfort Package, Securtity Package and Electronics Package

If it is like our local Dealer they use an outside Radio company that works out in the lot and not in the shop.
GMR Member 257

Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang V6

The ignition could have just been switched to ON and the car not actually running.

Mods:
JLT Cold Air Intake. Bama 87 Performance tune. Blacked out Billet Grilles. Blacked out stock rims. 15% tint all around. Gt/Cs Rear facisha. carbon fiber blackout panel. carbon fiber gas cap cover. smoked tail light covers.
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
So what's your point? You spend more time idling in rush hour traffic or at red lights than that....

Have you ever tried to work on the inside of a car in hot weather without A/C? Better the technician remain cool so they can focus on updating your car correctly instead of sweating all over the place and being distracted and dealing with the heat.
This.

Also...I'm not sure why you took it to them to update the software as it is very easy to do on your own. One of the instructions is to have your engine running during the upgrade.
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d View Post
This.

Also...I'm not sure why you took it to them to update the software as it is very easy to do on your own. One of the instructions is to have your engine running during the upgrade.
that depends. SYNC has two firmware "blobs;" there's the VMCU and the CCPU. the CCPU is the software you interact with; it handles phones, audio devices, voice recognition, and that Applink stuff. When you do a SYNC software update over USB, you're updating the CCPU firmware.

The VMCU is the part which interfaces with the rest of the car, and that can't be updated by the user. it's possible there was an update which required a dealer visit.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
that depends. SYNC has two firmware "blobs;" there's the VMCU and the CCPU. the CCPU is the software you interact with; it handles phones, audio devices, voice recognition, and that Applink stuff. When you do a SYNC software update over USB, you're updating the CCPU firmware.

The VMCU is the part which interfaces with the rest of the car, and that can't be updated by the user. it's possible there was an update which required a dealer visit.
Solid info, thanks!
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #9
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

You think THAT'S bad? My dealerships mechanic BURPED in my car. I should have sued...

07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement