Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Small Horsepower Gains

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by Rivendell90
Oddysey, I love you! Your...pure..awesome. And im not joking. I too am tired of hearing "just get a GT" or the same, and ive only been on the forums for about a month!
LOL Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rivendell90
I was talking to my dad about modifying my car and he told me he did not want me to modify it because they dont want to put it on the insurance, I dont have to declare it do i? If I do will it increase my bills?
I had a discussion with my insurance company regarding my mods, because I am well past the point of letting it slide Basically it came down to this...

[b]Rims/Tiresb/b] - not worth insuring (if your rims tires get stolen, insurance will write you a check for stock replacement cost which is more than aftermarket so your fine)

Suspension - depends on how in depth you go, but that is a hit and miss, I opted to not worry about it.

Appearance - You will have to pay for appearance stuff, no matter what. Try and find a good shop when doing repairs and you will only have to pay the difference which is minimal.

Supercharger/Turbo - Tricky... My first insurance company wanted a detailed list of all mods on my car, they said any mods to the engine would be a bad thing....

Basically what I did when I switched insurance companies (Progressive), I asked them my options and basically what I ended up doing was getting my full coverage insurance, and I added a $5000 additional blanket coverage. So basically if there is anything above and beyond what the insurance company would pay, I would be covered up to 5k (supercharger?)

I also had to option to specify a $$$ amount of what I thought my car was worth, and then I would had to pay a premium based off that amount, that would insure all my mods were covered. But I figured I could get away with 5k coverage and not be upset if it was a total loss. I pay an additional $15 bucks a month for that extras 5k coverage.

Keep in mind, I have alot more mods than you would be getting, so basic mods like wheels, CAI/Tune, gears, and some appearance mods won't affect your insurance cost and you don't need to report it to them.