What is the tube coming out of the air intake that goes to the small box? - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > The New S550 2015-2020 Mustang > 5.0L GT S550 Tech
Reload this Page >

What is the tube coming out of the air intake that goes to the small box?

Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

What is the tube coming out of the air intake that goes to the small box?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-29-2015, 05:40 PM
  #1  
daltron
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
daltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 140
Default What is the tube coming out of the air intake that goes to the small box?

http://icdn1.digitaltrends.com/image...-1500x1000.jpg

You can see it in this picture, I am curious what it is for? The large tube going to the small box on the right between the engine and the air intake box.
daltron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:58 PM
  #2  
Coyote_hpr
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default

i think you mean the sound tube. It doesnt really do anything other than move sound from engine bay to inside of car. Many people just delete it, myself included.
Coyote_hpr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 PM
  #3  
squishbang
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 150
Default

squishbang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:56 AM
  #4  
daltron
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
daltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by Coyote_hpr View Post
i think you mean the sound tube. It doesnt really do anything other than move sound from engine bay to inside of car. Many people just delete it, myself included.
Thanks! Sounds like something I should definitely delete after delivery.
daltron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:00 PM
  #5  
daltron
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
daltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by squishbang View Post
Name:  John-Cena-Shock-to-Smile_zpsvqi0bzpf.gif
Views: 5418
Size:  1,006.1 KB
daltron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:23 AM
  #6  
jz78817
4th Gear Member
 
jz78817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,329
Default

Originally Posted by daltron View Post
Thanks! Sounds like something I should definitely delete after delivery.
why? deleting it does nothing for performance, it weighs practically nothing.
jz78817 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:55 AM
  #7  
daltron
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
daltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
why? deleting it does nothing for performance, it weighs practically nothing.
Would it not breathe better since more air is going to the TB?
daltron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:15 PM
  #8  
Coyote_hpr
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by daltron View Post
Would it not breathe better since more air is going to the TB?
no not really people do it just to clean up the engine bay since that tube is actually unnecessary.
Coyote_hpr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:19 PM
  #9  
Derf00
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 11,434
Default

The tube is just for piping in engine sounds to the passenger compartment because the newer cars are way quieter than older ones. Leaving it or removing it (as long as you plug it) does nothing either way to the motor. Besides if you miss the sounds, just pretend like you used to when you were a kid making race car sounds
Derf00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:22 PM
  #10  
Coyote_hpr
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
The tube is just for piping in engine sounds to the passenger compartment because the newer cars are way quieter than older ones. Leaving it or removing it (as long as you plug it) does nothing either way to the motor. Besides if you miss the sounds, just pretend like you used to when you were a kid making race car sounds
Lmao vrroooom lol
Coyote_hpr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the tube coming out of the air intake that goes to the small box?


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.