4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Procharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default Procharger Install

I've started trying to bolt a few things on slowly over the last couple of days. So far I've installed those pretty lime green 42lb injectors

Took off the radiator hose, belt, and idler pulleys. Realized I need a half inch longer bolt that goes into the head, and a 4- 5 inch longer bolt that goes into the lower left hand side of the altenator. I also realized I needed a new idler pulley, so I guess I'll have to buy one if I still use it. (not a bad idea to check your own, my car has 50,000 miles and the idler is loud and worn out)

I bolted the charger bracket on to get an idea of where things were going to be... If this isn't right someone please let me know:

I started to mount the intercooler when I realized the power steering lines that run from the drivers side to the passenger side right in front of the rack and pinion were going to have to find a new home.
here is pic of the intercooler:

And where it goes, you can see the lines in front of the radiator that are in the way. I think its suppose to go in the area marked "1", but i'm consdering trying to take the foam out thats behind the bumper cover and mount it there. It would be closer to the front like this, which would look cooler, plus I wouldn't have to re run my power steering lines. any tips?

anyways... here it is... how its going to sit for a while anyways, hood up, in a garage. Thats just what makes a mustang feel like home anway

Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 AM
stoes
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger Install

how much did you end up paying for the procharger?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

$1200 for:

P1SC head unit
Bracket
3 core intercooler
Piping
bypass valve
42lb injectors
Pro M mass air meter
BBK throttle body
a piller gauge pod with autometer c2 boost and a/f

one other thing to procharger guys... how does your intake thats coming into the charger fit around the a/c lines?

Old 06-11-2007, 12:53 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

the vortech manual just has you bend them out of the way.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

the a/c lines?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

hmmm... I see I see...

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...FH4FL218im.pdf

There is lots of good info here..

Procharger may be a good product, but their customer service is no where near vortechs.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:08 AM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

Honestly you have to push the a/c lines down. Just bend em its not a big deal. You could honestly just bypass the power steering cooler. Unless you are gonna use the car as an autocross or road race car the cooler really isn't that necessary.

The intercooler goes in front ofthe radiator and the piping is a bit of a B1TCH to put on. Heres apic of my car without the bumper on you can see the power steering cooler in front of the intercooler (thats a custom mounting point) and the intercooler mounting point.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

the a/c lines?
Yep.

Just don't get stupid and go crazy on them... do it slowly over time (push gently and do it slow )

The biggest MOST IMPORTANT thing to do when installing a supercharger (or anything) is to TAKE IT SLOW and never ever ever force anything. I almost screwed myself trying to get in a hurry, didn't read the manual all the way andI put the wrong bolt (like .5 inch to short) in the bracket for the blower... I almost stripped out the tapped hole on the blower.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 AM
ckjacobus

Where did you get that kit for 1200? That intrigues me, I am contemplating buying an FI route for my stang and just wondering
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Honestly you have to push the a/c lines down. Just bend em its not a big deal. You could honestly just bypass the power steering cooler. Unless you are gonna use the car as an autocross or road race car the cooler really isn't that necessary.

The intercooler goes in front ofthe radiator and the piping is a bit of a B1TCH to put on. Heres apic of my car without the bumper on you can see the power steering cooler in front of the intercooler (thats a custom mounting point) and the intercooler mounting point.
Thank man... pictures really help me out alot..... And I'm thinking about bending the power sterring cooling lines at say 2 places in 45 degree angles so that it will go farther before it goes towards the passenger side, if that don't work I guess I'll use compression fittings and some brake line... But I agree with you that I don't think its really needed at all.

Some more pics of your install would be sooooo helpfull ...

Yep.

Just don't get stupid and go crazy on them... do it slowly over time (push gently and do it slow )

The biggest MOST IMPORTANT thing to do when installing a supercharger (or anything) is to TAKE IT SLOW and never ever ever force anything. I almost screwed myself trying to get in a hurry, didn't read the manual all the way andI put the wrong bolt (like .5 inch to short) in the bracket for the blower... I almost stripped out the tapped hole on the blower.
I guess i'm going to use a tubing bender and try to move those lines out of the way... I'm worried they are going to kink though.... I appreciate your help 2000, the heads up on the vortech manual has actually helped out alot. The setups are fairly similar.

Where did you get that kit for 1200? That intrigues me, I am contemplating buying an FI route for my stang and just wondering
I bought it used..

Quick Reply: Procharger Install